This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 8142

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
SirSmokeALot
I need advice   Posted Sun Oct 20, 02   11:30 AM     

Im 13 and I need to know what is a good starter car for me to get when i get my license.Anyone care to help?

Metal396
Re: I need advice   Posted Sun Oct 20, 02   12:04 PM     

1987 chevy spectrum LOL!

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.

MrPeabody

Re: I need advice   Posted Sun Oct 20, 02   12:41 PM     

Go with anything pre 74, you don't have to smog it;) If your talking imports, whatever deal you can find. Hondas have the most aftermarket support. Good years to look at are the 88-91 Civics and CRX's. They're light, cheap, and reliable. If you can get an Si, it'll save allot of time in wiring modifications.

-Ben

Stryker
Re: I need advice   Posted Sun Oct 20, 02   1:46 PM     

Ford Pinto

~~~::::<Curtis Stryker>::::~~~
LS4_454
Re: I need advice   Posted Sun Oct 20, 02   2:45 PM     

Volkswagen Beetle, OLD Beetle-Pre '70

SirSmokeALot
Re: I need advice   Posted Sun Oct 20, 02   3:02 PM     

Do you know how much that would cost?

Edited by SirSmokeALot (Sun Oct 20, 02   3:02 PM)

MrPeabody

Re: I need advice   Posted Sun Oct 20, 02   3:11 PM     

Which one?

-Ben

SirSmokeALot
Re: I need advice   Posted Sun Oct 20, 02   4:04 PM     

The SI.

hooyeah
Re: I need advice   Posted Sun Oct 20, 02   5:22 PM     

84 chevette 1.6 5 speed type ARRRRRR

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
leak WHAT LEAK? ohhh that, it's not leaking oil it's just marking it's territory.

resident chevette lover!
Phatmatt

Re: I need advice   Posted Sun Oct 20, 02   8:17 PM     

you're only 13 man. You've got a few years before you have to worry about a car, learn to drive first then you'll be better ready once you DO have a car. Look dude, I'm going to be honest. BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD. Find a cheap used car in good condition that you can modify over a the few years after you buy it. DON'T pay tons of money for a car you can't really afford, don't get a car that it too much for you to handle, don't put more money into a car than you can't really afford either. If you want to build it up, build it up when you are older and can pay for it. But don't make plans to spend money you don't even have, for something you can't use for at least 3 years.

Edited by Phatmatt (Sun Oct 20, 02   8:19 PM)

Gorgoth3k1

Re: I need advice   Posted Sun Oct 20, 02   8:49 PM     

ya... if you're only 13... i'd say spend the money you have right now on some lessons on driving... go to one of them racing schools... or an AutoX school... them AutoX'ers really know how to drive... but once you become a VERY good driver, then start thinkin about gettin a real fast car... but like matt said, get a decent car that you can afford and put more money into as you go...

my first car was a 1965 Mustang GT... It was a good car... if you know your way around a 289 V8, that is.. on them old cars, somethings always broken... them foreign cars are good... i hear those engines are nearly indestructible... hehe... and you can put a lot of miles on 'em...

-Gor

MrPeabody

Re: I need advice   Posted Sun Oct 20, 02   10:35 PM     

Well, an Si in good condition will run anywhere from $2000 - $3000. But yeah, the best idea is to save up, especially right now, and get the best thing you can afford at the time and go from there. Any car can be fast, some are just easier than others;)

-Ben

SweetRacerGurl16
Re: I need advice   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   3:45 PM     

yea, just because everyone else has civics and eclipses and stuff doesnt mean you have to have one. you can fix up any car.

sweetdevil
Re: I need advice   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   3:48 PM     

like a Nova, Camaro, Chevelle, or El Camino....

Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
hooyeah
Re: I need advice   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   3:50 PM     

orr gremlin hehehehe

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->> [External Image Removed]
Pages in this thread: (1) 2