This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> Import Forum Thread views: 2455

Chris1337
87' Toyota Supra   Posted Fri Oct 18, 02   5:17 PM     

Im 16, new to the Street Racing scene, anyways.. recently I bought a 1987 Toyota Supra from the local racing auto dealer, currently I only plan on putting a Cold Air Intake in it, 6 Python Fuel Injectors, DC Sport Headers, Im pretty new, can anyone suggest some other good upgrades (besides turbo, because im planning on it).. and if u do have one, how much is that certain part to put in it?

Gorgoth3k1

Re: 87' Toyota Supra   Posted Fri Oct 18, 02   10:55 PM     

try a stroker crank... i donno how much one would cost for a supra... but as some may know i am impartial to stroker motors... then i'd say get an indy fuel system... in prep for your turbo... and dont forget the intercooler once you get the turbo... you need one of them too... heh...

and for the turbo... i'd say a Garrett TR3 or something of the sort... i've read many good things about the Garrett turbos...

now i'm not the foremost authority on imports... i just recently started researching this shit for a friend of mine...

also you can look into engine swaps...

now... i wouldnt trust me on this stuff... i'm a small-block chevy kinda guy that just recently got into imports to help a friend with a civic and another friend who says he's getting a talon... but ya... there are TONS of guys who know more about this stuff than me...

i'd wait and take Peabody's and Kutsuju Racing's advice (sorry if i mispelt yer names)

-Gor

hooyeah
Re: 87' Toyota Supra   Posted Fri Oct 18, 02   11:12 PM     

SCRAP it buy a civic theyre faster

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
leak WHAT LEAK? ohhh that, it's not leaking oil it's just marking it's territory.

resident chevette lover!
MrPeabody

Re: 87' Toyota Supra   Posted Sat Oct 19, 02   1:20 PM     

Hey man, check out www.suprastore.com and go to their message board, these guys know their stuff and will help you mod that Supra right.

-Ben

Phatmatt

Re: 87' Toyota Supra   Posted Sun Oct 20, 02   8:13 PM     

pretty sweet car for 16. I had a van. I'm a TURBO feind, I could probably get that Supra moving. BUT before I give you any kind of advice I just want to know how much money you have to spend, what you want to get out of this fine vehicle, and if you are sure you can even handle it. A first year driver may not need a car they can't control, not that I'm saying that you're a bad driver.

sweetdevil
Re: 87' Toyota Supra   Posted Mon Oct 21, 02   8:23 AM     

I don't know about the 6 python fuel injector thing... maybe you should get seven.... he he

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
uglystick
Re: 87' Toyota Supra   Posted Mon Oct 21, 02   11:07 AM     

dude, trd supercharger.

nuff said.

and the local race auto dealer ripped you off.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.