This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 6904

ToxicCarbon
nitrous, on a gokart????   Posted Sun Jul 16, 06   10:42 AM     

ok ok ok, now ive got a questin/idea. my uncle built his own drag el camino that runs low 8's from scratch and he tells me this idea is not only possible but plausible as well. i have a 5 hp briggs and stratton go kart and we want to install a nitrous unit on it. now i know i sound kinda crazy but its doable. we are gonna mill the head to a MAX of 7hp and drill a hole in the carb and insert the nitous jet. and were gonna jet it down to about 1 hp. now hes gonna sell me a 10 pound bottle (NOS) with a hi-flow valve already on it. he gonna sell me the bottle and the hook ups for $50.00 witch i thought was an A+ price. so who thinks this is a good idea and will not blow the motor and who thinks this is just some dumb 15 year and his crazy uncle wasting time, money, and a perfectly good motor? leave your thoughts and comments, thanks

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: nitrous, on a gokart????   Posted Sun Jul 16, 06   9:16 PM     

First off, you cant mill the head to "7hp", you can bore it and stroke it; thats about it. With that comes a tremendous need for liquid cooling. A huge waste of time because the motor is only going to be able to rev so high before you blow a piston ring and then the entire motor.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
DBLDREW
Re: nitrous, on a gokart????   Posted Mon Jul 17, 06   2:19 PM     

Like Rotary said, milling your head to 7hp doesn’t make any since. Not that you cant mill your head, because you can, but the only reason you would mill the head would be to increase your compression or to fix a warped head.

Also they don’t make jets that go down to 1 hp. The smallest I have ever seen is 50hp but they probably make them smaller maybe down to 25.

So even if you can find a 25 hp jet that would still blow the crap out of the motor.

So your best bet is to get a gas powered leaf blower and make yourself a supercharger!!!

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: nitrous, on a gokart????   Posted Mon Jul 17, 06   6:25 PM     

Or run on alchohol.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
Str33tRacer

Re: nitrous, on a gokart????   Posted Tue Jul 18, 06   9:29 AM     

omg why the hell would you want to put nitrous on a go-cart i didn't even do that to mine, plus if it's only got 7hp then it probably only has one piston which means it wouldn't go that much more faster! Plus a real big risk of the eingen blowing up!

Vin Deisel "I live my life a quarter mile at a time..."
Str33tRacer

Re: nitrous, on a gokart????   Posted Tue Jul 18, 06   9:34 AM     

Oh and plus running on alchohol is illegal if you run it in cars, so i amagine it is for gocarts as well. But i've never used alchohol in any races so i don't know.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: nitrous, on a gokart????   Posted Tue Jul 18, 06   12:28 PM     

Go karts are for offroad use only, therefore alcohol is perfectly legal. IF you are driving your kart on public streets, it wont make any difference whether or not you use alcohol or gas.

[External Image Removed]
Iwantasupra

Re: nitrous, on a gokart????   Posted Wed Jul 19, 06   1:03 PM     

True, but there are go karts made for race tracks. I bet you already know this Rx, considering you're a lot smarter than most people on this Forum, but just in case

Anyone can shoot a bullet, but it take skill to drive one.
DBLDREW
Re: nitrous, on a gokart????   Posted Wed Jul 19, 06   1:52 PM     

When he said offroad he was not referring to 4x4ing. Another term for offroad use is that you cant use it on public roads. You will find that on a lot of aftermarket car parts are listed as “offroad use only” meaning that it doesn’t comply with emission regulations so you have to use it for racing only.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Iwantasupra

Re: nitrous, on a gokart????   Posted Wed Jul 19, 06   8:20 PM     

Ohhh now I get it. Thanks DBL. P.S. Me and my dad are working on an offroad go kart, just to mess around in, not too fast but still, all we need to do is take it apart and paint it then reassemble it

Anyone can shoot a bullet, but it take skill to drive one.
ToxicCarbon
Re: nitrous, on a gokart????   Posted Sun Jul 23, 06   10:12 AM     

no what im going to do about a jet is buy the smallest jet i can find wich is i think 0.010 then im going to fill it with sauder and get a drill bit and drill out a 1ish horsepower.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: nitrous, on a gokart????   Posted Sun Jul 23, 06   9:35 PM     

Just shut the fuck up already.

[External Image Removed]
Str33tRacer

Re: nitrous, on a gokart????   Posted Mon Jul 24, 06   6:10 AM     

Guess what, my springs came in and im happy!!!!!!!!