This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 46782

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5  
RACINLIFE

Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   12:22 PM     

If any of you live near quakertown or you know where it is, id like to have a drifting race in the parking lot across the street from the richland crossing regal movie theator. each drifter will have to pay $10.00 for entry. ill be collecting money at the entrance and the winner gets all the money. if you cant drift dont bother racing but you can watch and if you just watch you get in free. each race is 3 laps and here is the racing scedual:10:00pm -10:15 practice and admission, 10:15-1045 car show, do not play loud music or make a big scene,10:45-when ever we finish, racing and money award. then you can all go home and work on your cars or go to bed or sit on your ass and watch t.v. or sit on your ass and do somtin on the computor. post below if you can come and we will make a date. (p.s. if you all want to just have a meet and check out each others cars thats cool too.)

Just sit back hold on and hit the gas
DBLDREW
Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   3:16 PM     

How are you going to determine the winner? Is it by the fastest “lap”? Drifting will give you a slower lap time so it just seems to me that actually having a race where you are drifting is retarded. It’s like having a drag race where you have to do a break torque the whole ¼ mile, it will make a lot of smoke and make your car slower… hmmm that sounds great…and by great I mean fucking stupid.

"if you cant drift dont bother racing "

You should change this to- if you cant drift you will probably win.

Drifting competitions rank up there with burnout competitions…. Mildly amusing but utterly pointless.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph

Edited by DBLDREW (Wed Jun 28, 06   3:20 PM)

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   5:07 PM     

the winner is the first one to cross the glowing chalk line and if your racing around the boarder of a parking lot, your most likely gonna want to fuckin drift you fuckin dumbass! if you dont drift how do turn with out drifting without cutting the turn huh? tell me that bitch!

Just sit back, hold on, and hit the gas.

Str33tRacer

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   6:44 PM     

DAMNIT why is all this shit somewhere ive never heard of or is it in california. I live in SC and for those of you who dont know what that is its South Carolina!! anyone got anything for south carolina? There are alot and i mean tons of street racing, drag racing, driting and anything elese you can think of here. WHY CALI?

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   6:54 PM     

Quakertown is own the other side of california in p.a. but i might see you cause im going to california in two weeks i think it is

DBLDREW
Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   8:57 PM     

Well The fastest way around a course would be as you approach the corner you break, downshift, (double clutch) line up on the outside edge and dive in towards the inter edge of the corner, as you hit the apex you start applying the power and accelerate through the corner and down the straight.

Or your way would be to purposefully lock up your back tires to pitch the car into a slide counter steering just enough to maintain the slide through the corner. Also know as driving like a completely slow retarded bastard.

So which way would be faster… hmmm…. Well lets see how many formula one drivers do you see “drifting” around the course? None, every professional racing series, formula one, IRL, CART, Nascar, Rolex Sport car series, American Lemans series. Etc… all are professional racing series and DON’T use drifting. There is a reason they don’t use drifting and that is because it is horribly slow.

There is only 1 professional racing series that use similar techniques as drifting, and that is rally racing, but they are only using that technique because they are racing on gravel and dirt so keeping the car from sliding sideways is virtually impossible.

So I guess my question is this parking lot your “racing” in, is it gravel? If not then you my friend are a fucktard.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Str33tRacer

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Wed Jun 28, 06   9:04 PM     

I like that word " fucktard" lol. 0_o

Vin Deisel "I live my life a quarter mile at a time..."
RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   4:37 AM     

Fine well race your way! the parking lot is asphalt and if we will be going really fast NO NOS. if you want to drift go ahead and drift. each race race will be 10 laps and the first one to the glowing chalk line wins.( i have two glowing chalk sticks left over from when i was a kid.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   5:57 AM     

So um any way are we going to make a date for this or are we just going to as usual piss each other off and call each other fucktards. so come on lets set a damn date! It cant be on July 4th though because other people will be parking there cars there and watching the damn fireworks there. My sugestion is either tomaro or saturday.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   7:46 AM     

If any one wants to just have a meet in the parking lot and just talk about cars and check eachothers cars out we can do that too, or we can go burgerking and have something to eat while we talk and then we could look at the cars and then leave or we could street race all the way down 309(the highways name) If we street race on 663(another highway) we will most likely crash because of that highway always being so crowded so just tell me what you want to do because id like to have it this week so i can meet all of you and see your cars and all that good stuff! so If you want to race just simply type in CHOICE 1, if you want to meet at burgerking, type in CHOICE 2. whitch ever choice gets the most votes we will do.

buddhakwake
Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   11:50 AM     

There is another reason why drifitng while racing professionally on ashpalt is not done, tire wear. The original Drift King in Japan actually used drfiting to pass his competitors on paved curvy mountain roads (it allowed him to maintain a higher speed through the corners). Granted, he wasn't doing the big drifting that we see now in D1GP or Formula D, but he was drifting and not slowing to take the turn in a completely controlled manner. But those weren't multi lap races with pit stops and tire changes. In all those major series, they would lose much more time with the added stops to change overly worn tires than they would by drifting the corners (not to mention that the F1 cars at least have traction control to keep them from drifting a car).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   11:52 AM     

ok we got it we changed it to just plain racing around the parking lot or we can go bk

buddhakwake
Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   11:55 AM     

But what's up with only 15 minutes for everyone to come in AND do their practice runs as well. Not much time.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   12:00 PM     

well we want to get the whole thing started and done quick because if we are there for a long time then pretty soon someones gonna call the dam cops and then we are all in fuckin trouble or arrested. unless you leave way before they get there like i plan with the short racing. and if need some god dam practice just find some dam parking lot near you and practice there now or go around sharp turns where ever the hell you live.

buddhakwake
Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   12:02 PM     

But if people are going to do practice runs then the cops are going to know before the "car show" is over and they'll be there before the actual race at 1045.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5