This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 46782

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5  
DBLDREW
Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   12:04 PM     

F1 cars do not have traction control, the abolished the tc a few years back.

That is true that tire wear would be another reason not to do it in professional series. But if drifting was in fact a faster way around a coarse then you would still see it being used in qualifying where tire wear isn’t a consideration. There is a reason you don’t see it, and that’s because it’s not the fastest way around a road course.

Traction is what you want not tire slippage. Think about it, what happens when a race car looses traction in a corner? It spins out, and usually will fly off the track and hit the tire wall. So that just shows you how much speed they are carrying through the corner when the loss of traction puts you in the wall. So if someone is drifting the speed they are carrying through the corner is unbelievably slow, otherwise they would spin out and end up in the wall just like a real race car.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   12:08 PM     

If we flee the parking lot right before they get here then we can just come back later or reschedule

Just sit back, hold on, and hit the gas.

buddhakwake
Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   1:59 PM     

Is that why every race I have watched this season has shown "tc" on those wonderful accel stats when they hit the gas too hard coming out of a corner, or why the commentators at Monaco were talking about how the drivers just lay on the gas because the traction control will keep the car from kicking out by cutting the throttle response? It depends on the course. On a Nascar oval (where they only turn left) drifting is no good, because as you pointed out cornering speeds are too high. On the right course, with the right kind of corners, then drifting is definitely much faster because it allows you to maintain speed.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
buddhakwake
Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:00 PM     

Sure, and it'll look just like the first race in FNF, and you'll be Vin Diesel parking his car safely in a garage.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:02 PM     

ok how abou this, when we get there we will decide how we race ok?

buddhakwake
Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:05 PM     

How about you keep your fantasies on that OTHER forum (the sweetneon free POS).

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:10 PM     

how about you just get a life and get your head outa your fuckin ass!

buddhakwake
Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:15 PM     

I'm relaxing on my day off from work after partying last night, what are you doing?

DBLDREW
Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:22 PM     

I stand corrected, you’re right about the traction control. It was banned a while ago but they did bring it back.

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
buddhakwake
Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:23 PM     

Cool, no prob then.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:24 PM     

Im relaxin on my day off from street racin

buddhakwake
Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:26 PM     

Right, but racing skateboards to the local skate shop doesn't count.

RACINLIFE

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   2:33 PM     

i only did that twice. i race my car there now

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   8:06 PM     

The only time it would be necessary to drift is in a very steep angled turn (as in Japanese mountain road), not some ten degree bend.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
Str33tRacer

Re: Drifting race in quakertown   Posted Thu Jun 29, 06   8:13 PM     

tom cruise is gay!

Vin Deisel "I live my life a quarter mile at a time..."
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5