This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2478

skcseth
Noob w/ Questions.   Posted Mon May 29, 06   6:12 PM     

Ok, I have two questions, but I'm REALLY new to cars and the tunner scene. So try and keep it as simple as possible haha. Thx.

1. Idk if Nitrous is really possible or if it's just a hollywood trick but how does the engine not end up over heating when boosting too much.

2. How do you compensate for the loss of speed when you have to take your foot off the gas to shift in a stick.

Thx again to anyone who can help and I hope I'm not asking dumb questions.

Silo55
Re: Noob w/ Questions.   Posted Mon May 29, 06   6:34 PM     

1 You dont let the engine go over redline
2 You keep flooring it after you shift

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Noob w/ Questions.   Posted Mon May 29, 06   10:40 PM     

1. In some cases, too much of a shot is used, and the motor blows. Reinforcement of the motor is needed in order to keep anything from giving out.

2.You dont compensate for a loss of speed, you compensate for a loss of RPM's. If you have been driving a car long enough, you know what RPM you are going to have to keep it at while shifting to keep it smooth . If you go below this mark, the car will pull back significantly until it catches up to the appropriate RPM. It will then drop on its own if you were to continue to let off the gas.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
seahawksridinlow
Re: Noob w/ Questions.   Posted Tue May 30, 06   12:14 PM     

Im suprised SweetNeon hasnt fucked this post up yet.
Oh and if you are worried about destroying your engine just dont use nos, try a supercharger. and when you shft (if your quick enough) your car wont slow down.

I swear i didnt shoot his tires!
(I just put tacs in his lane)
rollinonhubs

Re: Noob w/ Questions.   Posted Tue May 30, 06   1:22 PM     

well he will now that someone notices this peaceful thread