This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 11268

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
04ChevCav
State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Tue May 9, 06   6:52 PM     

Can you guys tell where I can go or you can tell me info on State Law Regulations for Exhaust Sound? I live in Oklahoma if that helps..

Silo55
Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Wed May 10, 06   1:33 PM     

I think the main thing is it has to be under 95 decibles and thats it for sound. I live in oklahoma, and Ive heard exhaust that sounds like it would break that so I guess its not very inforced here.

69charger
Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Wed May 10, 06   5:42 PM     

so basically no free roaming exaust

u fucking mexicans and u canadians can shove ur bacon up ur ass it doesn't even taste good on pizza, and EVERYTHING tastes good on pizza
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Wed May 10, 06   5:47 PM     

How are you going to prove that it is under 95db? You cant.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
69charger
Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Wed May 10, 06   5:49 PM     

well u acn go to the store and buy a decible meter or w/e its called and be a smart ass

u fucking mexicans and u canadians can shove ur bacon up ur ass it doesn't even taste good on pizza, and EVERYTHING tastes good on pizza
Silo55
Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Wed May 10, 06   8:24 PM     

Actually it depends on your engine, Ive had the muffler off my dads BMW and it was nice and loud, but still not louder than some damn ricers here. More of, the cops will probaly use it as some excuse to "check" your engine for illegal mods and write you up a ticket no matter what you say if there ass holes. And yes, driving a car without a muffler is considered illegal in mos states.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Wed May 10, 06   11:28 PM     

Buy a decible meter and do what with it? If youre driving in an area with lots of buildings, its going to be louder than an open area, and at what distance? You cant win these kind of things.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
69charger
Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Thu May 11, 06   2:04 PM     

i guess ur right

SweetNeon

Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Thu May 11, 06   9:42 PM     

hes also an idiot

CamaroZ28

Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Thu May 11, 06   10:06 PM     

Uhh Dont put 4-6 inch exhaust tips on your car...it doesnt make it faster...Im going to get duel Borla exhaust that splits into quad tips that have 3 pipes running all the way through and actual do something unlike 1 inch exhaust pipes with 4 inch tip..makes no sense and keep the damn muffler on, get a less restrictive muffler and it will be ok!!!!!

Living life in the fast lane.....
rollinonhubs

Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Fri May 12, 06   12:25 PM     

just wondering slp's loudmouth systems for the camaros are the legal?, they are now making them for mustangs and i wanna buy some for a fox body, are too loud to where cops will pull you over

CamaroZ28

Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Sat May 13, 06   7:12 PM     

They arent obnoxiously loud, the SLP exhaust has a nice deep rumble at idle and it doesnt sound like a fart can...I'd imagine they would be legal, just make sure to check within your state regualtions on how loud exhaust can be...most cops wont care, and as long as you have a muffler of course, your technically legal anyways...Id get SLP myself but you dont get the gain amount of hp you want for the money as in what I beleve in my opinion.

Living life in the fast lane.....
rollinonhubs

Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Sun May 14, 06   9:15 AM     

oh okay. I believe they are the best sounding exaust systems for the mustangs personally . Thats the first thing i going to do to my mustang when i get one. It may not be a beuty but its sure as hell is going to sound like beast

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Sun May 14, 06   11:19 AM     

You can still be over the limit with a muffler. The whole point of the muffler is to keep the sound below an illegal level. If you are over it, muffler or not, youre going to get a ticket.

[External Image Removed]
ToxicCarbon
Re: State Law on Perfomance Exhaust   Posted Fri May 26, 06   6:05 PM     

yeah ive heard that when u get polled over for exhaust that the cop will pull out a decible meter make you hold the engine at a steady 3000 rpms and then the cop will stand about 5-8 feet away and test it.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2