This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 4229

ralphieg

help chosing car/transmission   Posted Tue Feb 21, 06   2:08 AM     

hey you all this is my first post, and i was searching on the internet till i came to a website i thought could help me and well.. here i am.. but enough with that.. I need help in picking a car.. I know what i want but its always nice to have other peoples advice to help..

Mazda Miata, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Ford Mustang(thev6), Hyundai Tibouron(thev6)

Out of those cars which would be my best pick.. i'm gettin one of those the first of april.. sooo i need to beeeee makin up my mind..

also.. i've never driven a clutch before... just automatic.. but i want to fix my car up and street race in my spare time.. whats best for 1/4 mile? Clutch or Auto? whats best all together? anddd the mitsubishi sportstronic how the hell does it work?

thanks! sorry so many questions :P

Silo55
Re: help chosing car/transmission   Posted Tue Feb 21, 06   3:27 PM     

Those are tough choices for a moded car, and you need to be more specific on what Eclispe, what year and model, but looking at your other cars Im assuming the 4 cylinder newer model. The misubishi sportronic works by you being able to take the Automatic into a mode, off to the side of drive,reverse etc. where a simple forward tap to shift up, a simple backward tap to shift down. No clutch needed.

Out of all the cars, I would go with the Mazda Miata, for the reasons its the litest out of all hte cars, and rear wheel drive. Eclispe have never really been good for aftermarket support in the performance departmet except the older Turbo Models. Ford Mustang V6 are teh same, most of the support is for the V8s. The Mustang is also a heavier car. The Tiburon follows the other 2 before it, though it has sligtly better then the 2 before it, and is a middle weight.

CamaroZ28

Re: help chosing car/transmission   Posted Thu Feb 23, 06   2:58 PM     

Well I was always a fan of the 95-99 eclipes GSX turbo, though Id choose the gsx cause of the awd but hey they arent the best car, but I just like them anyways, miata are neat little cars, but they remind me of roadsters and I kinda dont like roadsters...not my style, tibrouns are weak, and really weak on the 4 banger model, V6 mustang is way underpowered for the weight and hp, the newer mitsu's as in 05-06 with the sportronics are nice but i really think they are ugly and overpriced still...its your choice good luck....

Living life in the fast lane.....
rollinonhubs

Re: help chosing car/transmission   Posted Thu Feb 23, 06   4:23 PM     

as i recall the miata is a roadster

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: help chosing car/transmission   Posted Thu Feb 23, 06   4:45 PM     

All of those cars are mediocre at best, unless you are getting a GST or a GSX. Either way, your mediocre car is going to break as well.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]
ralphieg

Re: help chosing car/transmission   Posted Thu Feb 23, 06   4:53 PM     

what car from 0 to 25k price should i get? what would be best..?

rollinonhubs

Re: help chosing car/transmission   Posted Thu Feb 23, 06   4:56 PM     

out of your selection, i would choose the eclipse. but other than that i really have no idea

It all depends on what u are looking for

Silo55
Re: help chosing car/transmission   Posted Thu Feb 23, 06   4:59 PM     

For a price tag up to 25k ou have alot of options, especially if you look in used selections, you could get quite alot of good cars for that price. Such as Supras, Evos,Imprezas, Older Skylines,350z, V8 Mustang, Corvette, etc. the list goes on.

rollinonhubs

Re: help chosing car/transmission   Posted Thu Feb 23, 06   5:03 PM     

i personally would go for a mustang, but i bet u figured that out already

buddhakwake
Re: help chosing car/transmission   Posted Sat Feb 25, 06   9:21 AM     

Get yourself a MR2 MKII. It's lightweight (not quite as light as the Miata, but lighter than your other choices) and can be made into a fast car if you have the remaining balance up to 25k to spend. But that's my opinion. Out of the original choices I'd likely go with the Miata because I like lightweight RWD vehicles, but I prefer non-drag racing.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
dude21

Re: help chosing car/transmission   Posted Sun Feb 26, 06   1:28 PM     

oy wanker just chose a fucking car

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: help chosing car/transmission   Posted Sun Feb 26, 06   11:11 PM     

Beat it you limey prick.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO

[External Image Removed]