This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2991

futr_civic_racer
Carbon fiber hoods   Posted Thu Dec 22, 05   4:46 PM     

Are they worth the money?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Carbon fiber hoods   Posted Thu Dec 22, 05   6:19 PM     

That all depends. If you are trying to be anal about front weight distribution then they are worth it, but other then that they dont do anything.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
futr_civic_racer
Re: Carbon fiber hoods   Posted Thu Dec 22, 05   6:23 PM     

I have another question. What is the purpose of hood scoops?

FastFiveO
Re: Carbon fiber hoods   Posted Thu Dec 22, 05   6:27 PM     

if it is functional it can feed air into a intake, or cool off the turbo or, cool down the motor

86 mustang GT- lil boost lil spray lil mods
86 bronco 4x4 - 33's, mags, magniflow true duels, CAI ford racing 19 lb injectors's and much more
futr_civic_racer
Re: Carbon fiber hoods   Posted Thu Dec 22, 05   6:29 PM     

Wow it really does help not to be a jackass to you guys. I read some of the other stuff and I couldn't help but laugh at some of the stuff yall would say.

buddhakwake
Re: Carbon fiber hoods   Posted Fri Dec 23, 05   9:09 PM     

Yeah, we get along with the people who aren't idiots and assholes. On a side note, backward facing vents on a hood provide extra cooling to the engine compartment, and possibly (I hope to someday make this happen) provide a bit of downforce for that FWD at speeds (I'm checking out different possibilities to see how managable this is, as I imagine there could be a market for that kind of thing).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Unlucky_Z

Re: Carbon fiber hoods   Posted Fri Dec 30, 05   7:50 PM     

I know I'm actually learning shit from being nice.. awesome!

My Pony Car, 65' Stang , and my Jap Pony car, 240 Z .
CamaroZ28

Re: Carbon fiber hoods   Posted Sat Dec 31, 05   7:16 PM     

lmfao, Carbon Fiber is cool for looks and may be lighter, but i'd stick with a regualr hood that is made for your car, Im gonna get the camaro SS hood w/ scoop for my Z28, and im goign to change out the air induction to make it work like the camaro SS does, way cheaper to do, and less you have to pay for the So called"upgraded camaro" yea hoods, good for cooling and induction kits.

Living life in the fast lane.....