This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1651

car_and_driver2
The 3 Top Rated Sedans with Speed   Posted Sat Dec 3, 05   10:07 AM     

NOTE:This is from car and driver not me i want your opinions

BMW M5
CADILLAC STS-V
MERCEDES-BENZ AMG

3rd place goes to the Mercedes-Benz AMG
Highs:Drop dead good looks, torue monster V-8, sumptuous interior.
Lows:Restrictive rear sighlines, reluctant transient response, limited rear seat room, think-twice price.
Verdict:Dazzling blend of beauty and beast.

2nd place goes to the Cadillac STS-V
Highs:Respectable power, handsome interior, high comfort quotient, attractice pricing.
Lows:Not a track star, spongy break feel, relaxed-fit seats
Verdict::An uptown Caddy that thrives on high-speed cruising.

1st place Bmw M5
Highs:Super car V-10, amazing brakes, as-you-like-it performance adjustability, SMG automated manual
Lows:SMG automated manula, iDrive still given to demonic possession
Verdict:When max performance with four doors is the objective, this one has the right stuff.

Whats your thoughts on what Car And Driver thinks?

buddhakwake
Re: The 3 Top Rated Sedans with Speed   Posted Sat Dec 3, 05   10:11 AM     

I would tend to agree with them, but wonder which MB it was (S, C, E, CLS, ?). I would definitely agree with them about the SMG as a low, but not as a high (I'm a purist who wants the gear shifting completely under my control).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
car_and_driver2
Re: The 3 Top Rated Sedans with Speed   Posted Sat Dec 3, 05   10:30 AM     

CLS55 was the one they used

buddhakwake
Re: The 3 Top Rated Sedans with Speed   Posted Sat Dec 3, 05   10:56 AM     

Then I would have listed the styling of the MB as a MAJOR negative. Doesn't anyone notice it looks too much like the mid90s Buick Riviera? It's ugly.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.