This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 14720

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
Bandida1217

the cost $$$$   Posted Sun Nov 13, 05   9:50 PM     

Any ones with a honda Civic. do you know how much the basic stuff for the car might cost? And what kind of parts to they might be? See I m looking to buy a honda sometime next year.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Sun Nov 13, 05   10:59 PM     

No comment. Everybody already knows how I feel on the subject.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
Bandida1217

Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Mon Nov 14, 05   6:00 PM     

I dont. Im new here.

buddhakwake
Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Tue Nov 15, 05   12:56 AM     

Well...see...it's like this...you've marked yourself as a newb and as a poser/ricer. But I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself. What do you mean by "the basic parts" and what do you intend to do with this Civic (which I hope won't be a 1995 since that was the #1 most stolen car in the US last year)? Second...what would you do if someone told you not to get the clone-mobile and to actually get something unique and individual? I'll wait for further answers before I get too judgemental, or offer any kind of advice.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Tue Nov 15, 05   4:14 PM     

ill do you the favor and run it over with my bronco!

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
Bandida1217

Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Tue Nov 15, 05   6:19 PM     

1st I never said I was A racer. Sure I would like to race when I do get the Car which I doubt it will be a '95. 2nd Why are you calling me a poser? 3rd when I said the "basic parts" I meant Fixing the outside of the car (tires, paint, bumpers,,,,) How much did Yours cost without the fancy works?

MustangFanatic

Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Tue Nov 15, 05   7:20 PM     

You're being called a poser/ricer because you want a civic, those things are cheap japanese junk, and also every ricer has one, it's way too common, even in the richer areas people have 'em.

buddhakwake
Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Tue Nov 15, 05   8:33 PM     

Okay, judgement made. When I asked what "basic parts" were, I hoped you would say engine swap, turbo, aftermarket computer, or something else useful. But you proved your poser-ness by saying the ASNG things. My car was about 17,200 before tax, title, and license (but with a 6 disc changer, TRD exhaust, and Scion alarm system).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Tue Nov 15, 05   11:51 PM     

That "cheap japanese junk" is probably the most reliable car ever made.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
MustangFanatic

Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Wed Nov 16, 05   3:42 PM     

More reliable than a '67 Mustang, a Volkswagon stationwagon? Most definately not. Those things if you crash em' over 60 you're screwed, totaled car and probably a few broken bones at least.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Wed Nov 16, 05   5:59 PM     

You crash any car at 60 and your in trouble. I hit an Excursion dead center of the drivers side fender going 80 in my Acura Legend coupe and I was in better condition then that thing was, but thats aside from the point. The point is that they are probably the most reliable car ever made. Getting in a car accident has nothing to do with how reliable the car is. Things like the life of components or how long the car can last without maintenance defines reliability, in which case your Volkswagen stationwagon and 67 Mustang dont even come close to being more or as equally reliable as the Honda Civic has ever been.

Bandida1217

Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Wed Nov 16, 05   9:01 PM     

No wonder Im new. I guess I have MUCH to learn. I guess the ONLY way I could learn is by learning What I should modify first and what would be good for the car.

buddhakwake
Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Thu Nov 17, 05   12:18 AM     

Actually, the old VW bugs were much more reliable (if a little prone to verheating here in the desert, due to being oil cooled), and infinitely simpler to work on (I can't think of another car where you don't even have to open the hood or use regular wrenches to get to the valves when they need adjusting). There are many VW bugs that easily went 300,000 miles without serious problems. But I'd put Honda and Toyota products a very close second and third (though actual order is not something I would comment on).

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Thu Nov 17, 05   1:34 AM     

Im talking about the air cooled bugs and busses; the ones that were prone to catching fire and then exploding like firecrackers because they were made of magnesium.

buddhakwake
Re: the cost $$$$   Posted Thu Nov 17, 05   1:42 PM     

No one I know ever had one catch fire, but I do know several people who had bugs and busses that, as I said, went well over 300,000 miles without major work (just some valve adjusting, which is necessary to prevent that catching fire and exploding thing, but only takes about five minutes since the valves are so easy to access).

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3