This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2030

camfree
Faster Acceleration?   Posted Sun Nov 13, 05   6:08 PM     

I drive a PT Cruiser Turbo and it's not souped up or anything but some friends wanna race. Two questions for anybody with answers...

1. Are there any cheap modifications I could make for faster acceleration.

2. What is the proper driving strategy for drivng automatic. (as far as the gears changing as it relates to your speed.)

buddhakwake
Re: Faster Acceleration?   Posted Sun Nov 13, 05   7:53 PM     

Not sure of cheap mods, but Mopar does offer turbo upgrade kits in 3 stages. As far as changing gears, if you have a switch for a performance shift setting (ECT on Toyota automatics) turn it on. If you don't, then just put it in drive and keep it floored, the car will know better than you how to shift (and it's damn near impossible to "manual" shift a normal automatic transmission, and doing a slam into drive with the engine revved up will only destroy your transmission).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Faster Acceleration?   Posted Sun Nov 13, 05   11:55 PM     

Buy a manual boost controller and crank it to 15. Otherwise, take the grocery-mobile back to your mom.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: Faster Acceleration?   Posted Tue Nov 15, 05   12:52 AM     

Ouch!! Doesn't it run the same engine as the SRT-4? If so, it could at least be made to go in a straight line very quickly (would need a few transmission mods first), even if it still handled like a mommy-nacho mobile.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: Faster Acceleration?   Posted Tue Nov 15, 05   4:16 PM     

pt's are slow as shit and there based off a fatory neon and did i mention they are slow as shit?

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: Faster Acceleration?   Posted Tue Nov 15, 05   5:11 PM     

Sure the basic model is slow as shit, but like I said, the turbo model (the more expensive one anyway, since there are two turbocharged options currently) runs the same 230 (yea right, that was an understatement) hp engine as the srt4. That is a good little engine that can be pushed pretty damn hard and has decent Mopar Power upgrades.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Faster Acceleration?   Posted Wed Nov 16, 05   3:39 AM     

The turbo version uses the 2.4L that they used in the old Eclipse spyder that had 160hp N/A.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO