This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1723

rollinonhubs

modded or not modded   Posted Sun Nov 13, 05   12:35 PM     

some of you in this forum might know that i am looking for a foxbody mustang to purchase. So far I have found some really nice ones that are bone stock, but there are some that are modded and are cheaper than the stock ones. I was wondering if it was better to start off with a stock car or go buy someone's project mustang that is modded and save some money instead of buying the same parts for a stock one.

buddhakwake
Re: modded or not modded   Posted Sun Nov 13, 05   7:46 PM     

The danger in buying someone's already partly modded car is in not knowing if they had drive-it-like-you-stole-it-itis. This is a common problem when purchasing modded civics, and I would imagine that a similar risk exists when buying a modded mustang. There is also the question of whether or not the installs were done properly and the condition of the parts (if it had money put into it and is cheaper than a bone stock one I'd be wary). Overall, it is probably a safer investment to purchase a stock car rather than one that has been modded already.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: modded or not modded   Posted Sun Nov 13, 05   11:56 PM     

Just get all the OE parts when you buy it, otherwise your gonna be screwed when it DOES break.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
rollinonhubs

Re: modded or not modded   Posted Wed Nov 16, 05   4:20 PM     

okay, now what about buying used parts such as upper intake, headers, cat bacs, etc?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: modded or not modded   Posted Wed Nov 16, 05   5:49 PM     

What about them? They're used, but the only way bolt ons can break is by warping and having a leak, and that isnt really a problem.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO