This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 3277

rollinonhubs

rumors   Posted Mon Nov 7, 05   5:30 PM     

I am a diehard ford fan, always have been. But a while back i heard about a new camaro in the making. Is this true, if so is there pictures of it?

Silo55
Re: rumors   Posted Mon Nov 7, 05   5:53 PM     

Yea, i saw a concent on a site somewhere, the concent was a retro style, meaning the concent was sstyled as the old muscle car were, like what ford did with teh new stang.

rollinonhubs

Re: rumors   Posted Mon Nov 7, 05   6:03 PM     

i guess the muscle cars being built today are trying to resemble the 70's, like the mustang. I wonder how powerful it will be

buddhakwake
Re: rumors   Posted Tue Nov 8, 05   1:34 AM     

I doubt that it will happen, as I remember reading back when it was discontinued that GM said it would never build them outside of the plant where they were built (which was shut down when they stopped making them). They aren't too likely to reopen the plant (what with all the financial troubles they are in), and building it in another plant would piss off too many people to make it worthwhile. Kinda sad though, because the old camaros (I'm talking 60s and early 70s) were great cars.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
rollinonhubs

Re: rumors   Posted Tue Nov 8, 05   12:27 PM     

yeah, they made good competition with the mustangs.does that go for the pontiac transams also? even though they have the gto which isn't that spectatular i was hopeing to see a new entry for that too.

Silo55
Re: rumors   Posted Tue Nov 8, 05   2:16 PM     

The transam wont be built if the camaro wont, they were the same body frame, F-Body cars. GTOs arent actually Pontiacs car, its actually a slightly modifed version of a Australlian car called the Commedore *dont kill me if thats not it, im not 100 percent sure* made by Holden.

Edited by Silo55 (Tue Nov 8, 05   2:18 PM)

FastFiveO
Re: rumors   Posted Tue Nov 8, 05   3:31 PM     

i have heard nothing on the t/a firebird.. ect. the new GTO has decent power finaly this year but still doent impress me way to heavy... in 07 is supose to be the dawn of the new camaro. i think they are decent looking but has some ugly ass bodylines... O well.. they can try to put it out. wont bother me.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
rollinonhubs

Re: rumors   Posted Tue Nov 8, 05   6:20 PM     

yeah, i like the new gto some what, i don't like the hood scoops, or the price of it, a mustang mach 1 has no problem keeping up with the 04 gto and costs alot less, i'm not so sure how it would do now that it has a 100 extra horse power. I'm sure you would bury one of them when your engine is finished in your 5.0

buddhakwake
Re: rumors   Posted Wed Nov 9, 05   1:14 AM     

Holden is a part of GM however, so it's technically Pontiac's as much as it is Holden's. Oh, and FYI it was the Monaro, not the Commodore.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Silo55
Re: rumors   Posted Wed Nov 9, 05   6:34 PM     

OHhhh i see now, yea i wasnt exactly sure what specific car it was.

buddhakwake
Re: rumors   Posted Wed Nov 9, 05   6:55 PM     

No problem. The difference (I believe) is that the Commodore was a 4 door and the Monaro was a 2 door.