This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 12818

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
RaceMyJetta85
Re: hay buddhakwake have you got your r/c car yet HAHA   Posted Wed Oct 12, 05   2:25 AM     

i really hate to burst any bubbles here.. lol
those suck compared to our Nitro R/C cars..

[External Image Removed]Click here to see Video

[External Image Removed]Click here to see Video

http://www.sobdvd.com

buddhakwake
Re: hay buddhakwake have you got your r/c car yet HAHA   Posted Thu Oct 13, 05   2:24 PM     

True, but the difference is Nitro (expensive and must be bought again when the tank is empty) vs Rechargeable batteries (much cheaper and reusable). Personally I'd go with the reusable option.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: hay buddhakwake have you got your r/c car yet HAHA   Posted Thu Oct 13, 05   3:26 PM     

hate to burst your bubble but i have a traxxas t-maxx not only do they cost 400+ dollars + nitro fuel, glow plugs, tuning, and the ocasional rebuild. they are fast as hell but there expensive to run and beat up.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
evo_mad

Re: hay buddhakwake have you got your r/c car yet HAHA   Posted Wed Oct 19, 05   3:44 AM     

so what you all going on about racing r/c for the road
cos im on about off road hear

buddhakwake
Re: hay buddhakwake have you got your r/c car yet HAHA   Posted Wed Oct 19, 05   4:06 PM     

ah, with the big knobby tires and what not? very cool. I've always been poor, but was lucky enough (or unlucky if I think about my envy of and subsequent disgust for) to go to school with some very rich kids who had very cool off-roading r/c vehicles that could almost keep up with my used cr80.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: hay buddhakwake have you got your r/c car yet HAHA   Posted Wed Oct 19, 05   6:27 PM     

how you will see magic.. im customizing a 65 (64 1/2 in actuality) mustang x-mod it will be sweet once im done

dibt worry... you will get there.. can't get any poorer then me..

buddhakwake
Re: hay buddhakwake have you got your r/c car yet HAHA   Posted Wed Oct 19, 05   6:57 PM     

currently my bank account says 0 and I have twelve dollars (all in change, thanks to the tips I get from Starbucks) to my name. But I have paychecks coming in on Friday!!!! Just in time to go to Santa Barbara for the concert.

FastFiveO
Re: hay buddhakwake have you got your r/c car yet HAHA   Posted Thu Oct 20, 05   1:46 PM     

no wonder you got no money

buddhakwake
Re: hay buddhakwake have you got your r/c car yet HAHA   Posted Fri Oct 21, 05   2:11 AM     

Why, the concert? Shit, this is only the second concert I've paid to go to all year (I went to one other, but I didn't pay). I'm broke because I was a substitute teacher and made a grand total of 300 bucks this summer thanks to the radio job (it's hard to keep up with expenses when you make so little and have a 372 dollar a month car payment).

FastFiveO
Re: hay buddhakwake have you got your r/c car yet HAHA   Posted Fri Oct 21, 05   1:18 PM     

im trying to buy a car build a car and im only making 8 a hour on a 40 hour work week and thats when i can get in a full 40 hours.. lol

buddhakwake
Re: hay buddhakwake have you got your r/c car yet HAHA   Posted Fri Oct 21, 05   1:41 PM     

If things go the way I expect and I can be good with my money (7.25 plus tips for the first 6 months, then I get a raise) I'll finally be able to put some money into my car (though I may put it into getting my MR2 legal again since it gets better gas mileage for daily use). But the money I have spent on concerts this year would get me a K&N air filter and a few quarts of synthetic. It ain't all that much.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: hay buddhakwake have you got your r/c car yet HAHA   Posted Fri Oct 21, 05   6:30 PM     

Im saving just to get the MR2. Its enough power stock to keep me happy for a few months, and by that time, all I would have to do is get a boost controller and fuel cut defencer and have more fun. I found a downpipe on ebay, and theres one offered by KORacing, and exhausts too. For $1000 I could probably have 250+WHP.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: hay buddhakwake have you got your r/c car yet HAHA   Posted Sat Oct 22, 05   1:43 AM     

But you're looking at the MKII, I have the MKI. Less power stock (though it's still enough to make it fun, since it's light), though a better selection of parts. Right now, I'd be happy just getting it to pass smog so I could drive it. Then I start saving up for either the SC for the tC or an MKII swap for the Mister.

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)