This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 6753

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
MustangFanatic

Ford Ts50   Posted Sat Aug 27, 05   11:04 PM     

I'm just wondering about this car, which I think is really a great looking car, but I havn't got a chance to drive it or see it in person yet. If you people could tell me if it has any enviromental problems or something related to that that would keep it from being imported or put in production line in the U.S. because I'm looking to try to import one if it's legal. Please reply with helpful information.

buddhakwake
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Sun Aug 28, 05   12:01 AM     

Well, from what I found, they were produced somewhat exclusively, so price itself would be a bit of an issue (it was a 60-75,000 dollar Ford to begin with, made by a performance company for Ford). There is also the issue of it's being certified by the Federal Government to meet crash standards and emissions standards, then depending on what state you are in, you have state emissions standards. And also, apparently it is not particularly easy to import right hand drive vehicles into the states legally. All together, I'd bet that you would be spending somewhere in the area of 100,000 dollars to bring it here legally. And maybe a bit more to get it here illegally. I could be wrong, but I know it's not easy to import cars that aren't part of our market.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Sun Aug 28, 05   11:12 PM     

would this happen to be in resimbelence to the europe fiesta RS because from what i know there bringing them over here and also something was mentiond the falcon will be brought over to the states. i dont know if this is true or not. as far as i know just a rumor.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Mon Aug 29, 05   6:03 PM     

Not the Fiesta. In fact, it doesn't appear to even be available in Australia anymore, except used. So I doubt they are thinking of bringing it here. Which is too bad, because the engine sounded like a monster.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Mon Aug 29, 05   6:22 PM     

i dunno, it would be interesting to see if they did,.

buddhakwake
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Mon Aug 29, 05   6:30 PM     

No, it would be totally sweet if they did, but they weren't assembled by Ford, they were limited edition cars made by a subcontracted company named Tickford that specializes in performance vehicles in Australia. So, I doubt that they will bring them here. But, here's to hoping.

FastFiveO
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Mon Aug 29, 05   6:34 PM     

tickford,cossworth,roush,steeda,saleen...ect. they all work/worked under fords belt building the cars out of fords parts so i still classify them as being fords.

buddhakwake
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Mon Aug 29, 05   6:36 PM     

yeah, but all of those except Tickford are well known in America (and Ford ditched Cosworth a while back, stupid move if you ask me), which is why I don't see them bringing them here.

FastFiveO
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Mon Aug 29, 05   6:59 PM     

actualy ford still has cossworth. they are making new parts for the newer model focus's and whatnot.

buddhakwake
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Mon Aug 29, 05   7:09 PM     

"Ford announced on Monday that they had sold Cosworth to Kevin Kalkhoven and Gerald Forsythe, co-owners of the Champ Car World Series and heads of the PKV and Forsythe Championship Racing Champ Car teams respectively." This is from the Formula 1 website (www.formula1.com) dated November 15, 2004. But I guess it was just a separation having to do with Formula 1 racing.

FastFiveO
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Mon Aug 29, 05   8:06 PM     

odd. so i guess all the performance intakes that cosworth has been making for our focus's here and all the RS models will be gone. so no more performance fords in europe. yeah id say that was a bad move.

buddhakwake
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Mon Aug 29, 05   8:45 PM     

That's why Red Bull bought the Jaguar team and Cosworth is supplying engines to both them and Minardi now. But just because they aren't owned by Ford doesn't mean they'll stop making parts for them, that would be even dumber than Ford selling them to begin with. There's just too much money to be made in aftermarket performance stuff.

FastFiveO
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Tue Aug 30, 05   2:43 AM     

true. but with being with them you never know what they will do. its just a shame there will be no more RS's because those were badass cars.

buddhakwake
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Wed Aug 31, 05   6:35 AM     

I liked the RS8 Focus. Can't go wrong with an econobox that'll keep up with a Lambo around Willow Racetrack, not to mention in the quarter mile.

FastFiveO
Re: Ford Ts50   Posted Wed Aug 31, 05   10:13 AM     

dude. it was a RS focus shell a 500 hp 302 ci motor tuned syspension and a sweet ride. the down fall is the 100k price for one.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2