This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 9397

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
futr_civic_racer
fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Mon Aug 22, 05   10:06 PM     

I'm 14, just getting into cars and I'm getting my sister's 00 civic for free when I'm old enough to drive, and I wanted to know if 00 civics are relatively cheap/easy to fix up. I'm all for giving up looks for quality.

Also, what companies make good quality stuff for kinda cheap. I don't really have too much money to work with.

FastFiveO
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Mon Aug 22, 05   10:10 PM     

first off. learn to drive. second. learn to control your car. third off. save up your money. fourth.come back when you have completed these stages.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
futr_civic_racer
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Mon Aug 22, 05   10:19 PM     

Well right now I'm just trying to learn about all of this stuff, and to see if fixing up a 00 civic is actually worth it for a first car.

Silo55
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Mon Aug 22, 05   10:21 PM     

I do know about a turbo kit for the civic that is supposed to push 550+ HP out of the engine. It gets alot of support, but there are quit afew better cars.

[External Image Removed]
futr_civic_racer
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Mon Aug 22, 05   10:26 PM     

550+ HP...god damn. That is alot of horsepower to push a tiny civic down the road.

Silo55
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Mon Aug 22, 05   10:28 PM     

[url=www.revhard.com/dynosheets.asp#TurboDyno]http://www.revhard.com/dynosheets.asp#TurboDyno[/url] Look down at teh botten, see the civics dyno power? Its running at 29 PSI of boost, thats insane and overkill for the engine if you ask me. Though for that kinda power, its probaly running 116 octance or something for those numbers.

[External Image Removed]
FastFiveO
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Tue Aug 23, 05   12:17 AM     

do not expect 500 hp out of a stock block civic. civics can be inexpensive or very expensive all depends what you want to get out of it.

buddhakwake
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Tue Aug 23, 05   12:35 AM     

The point he was trying to make is that you've got a few years (and not just till you get your license, you need to get 50,000 or more miles under your belt) before you should start trying to fix up your car. Or even start worrying about the car you are going to get will be worth fixing up. A lot can change, and even if the one you think you will have isn't worth fixing up, you've got time to save money for something else before you need to worry about it.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
zx2power88
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Tue Aug 23, 05   11:48 PM     

if it is an auto trans give up just get a new car if u want to race an auto robs hp from the car and a manual is faster..it has more gears for a better launch
(just lern how to dirve first) even tho ur only 14 .....and dont get a turbo that will give u 500 whp u will blow up ur dam car w/o some work lots and lots of work

save the neon
FastFiveO
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Tue Aug 23, 05   11:52 PM     

not true buddy. manual trans only nocks off about a quarter of a second on your quarter mile that is if you can catch traction. automatic trans gets you off the line quicker and shifts quicker but it can slug you down a tad but but its made up for. especialy if you have a shift kit and a 2500 stall.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Wed Aug 24, 05   1:51 AM     

Well the 5 speed manual tranny is going to give you better times than the 4 speed auto just based on ratios alone, assuming you know how to drive. What model Civic does your sister have? And for the record, That D16 SOHC is not going to push out even 300hp without forged internals and the works on tuning and fuel system upgrades. RevHard makes a damn good kit, but none of them are street legal, and may require modification to A/C components and such. I would get one if I could pass smog with it.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
futr_civic_racer
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Wed Aug 24, 05   10:50 AM     

I don't know what kind of model it is. Me and my oldest brother whos a mechanic were going to take a peek at the engine and all that jazz yesterday but my sister decided to go somewhere the only day my brother is off work. And he can barely ever go anywhere because his girlfriend just had a baby so he has bills to pay, and a baby to take care of. And he is the only one in the family with knowledge about cars. He used to race his Chevy and then he sold it and got a truck. But that was the fastest Chevy I've ever ridden in.

zx2power88
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Wed Aug 24, 05   9:56 PM     

my friesn has a civic and he orderd the zc motor ...the jdm one and that made it quit a bit quicker but u got to get that from cali

save the neon
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Thu Aug 25, 05   11:16 AM     

Psh, ZC motor sucks. Its the 91-93 Integra motor. If your friend were smart, he would have gotten an B18B and just swapped it in. I swear, the only reason I dont like selling stuff is because of stupid kids. All of them are lowballers, dont know what they are doing, and their fucking jerks to boot.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Thu Aug 25, 05   12:34 PM     

That was the same thing I thought when I looked up info on the ZC online. 130 hp? from a 1.6? with no vtec? sounded shitty to me.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Pages in this thread: (1) 2