This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 9397

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Thu Aug 25, 05   3:10 PM     

I think the ZC is a 1.7, cuz the DA GSR is a 1.7

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Thu Aug 25, 05   3:43 PM     

The ones I found on the net had them listed as 1.6. Doesn't mean the shop selling it couldn't have been wrong, but that's the spec they listed. I just did a google search and started picking links.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Thu Aug 25, 05   7:42 PM     

Turns out its just a twin cam non Vtec D16

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Thu Aug 25, 05   8:21 PM     

But people want it because it's "JDM". PT Barnum underestimated how often suckers are born.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Thu Aug 25, 05   8:57 PM     

Well, its twin cam too, but its cheaper to get the 1.8 soo.....

buddhakwake
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Thu Aug 25, 05   9:14 PM     

So the lesson is "Don't buy it just because it's JDM, make sure it's actually the best choice."

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Thu Aug 25, 05   9:45 PM     

Exactly. There are people paying way out of the ass for JDM Type R motors and Gsr motors because they make more horsepower, but dont realize that they make more horsepower because of the Ecu tuning, and end up buying Hondata anyways. Waste of a shitload of money.

buddhakwake
Re: fixing up a '00 stock civic   Posted Thu Aug 25, 05   10:04 PM     

I was looking at JDM engines for my MR2 because they actually have different parts (like the nice five valve per cylinder 4age), but decided not to because of the price difference.

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)