This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 10969

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
x_nolimit_x
Vehicle Choice   Posted Fri Aug 12, 05   2:22 AM     

i have decided to sell my ride for a new one i have a guy offering me $10,000 what should i do and if i sell it what should i buy that would be easy to fix up and make run faster than everyone else?

FastFiveO
Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Fri Aug 12, 05   9:05 AM     

hmm... to keep up with the rest of the crowd you need a muscle car. to keep up with me you need one hell of a muscle car.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
Silo55
Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Fri Aug 12, 05   10:37 AM     

Well what is he offering you? Need more specific, and if you want to be faster than everyone else, try a Top Ful Dragster. Those usually work

[External Image Removed]
buddhakwake
Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Fri Aug 12, 05   4:48 PM     

Well, cheap and easy usually works best with old muscle cars. Then you buy a new, larger engine and start building it up and tuning. There aren't many things easier to tune for power than an old carbuerated engine (no computer bits to work with, so no special equipment needed, just wrenches and screwdrivers). But that requires mechanical skill. If you don't have that, then you'd be better off getting something that the average "modern" mechanic can handle (as in something that doesn't require lots of thinking and real mechanical knowledge, so older all mechanical engines are out). The important question is what do you LIKE, and what do you WANT? Then get that and start working on it.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
x_nolimit_x
Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Sat Aug 13, 05   9:28 PM     

dude i said $10,000 grand, plz read lol

FastFiveO
Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Tue Aug 16, 05   2:31 PM     

you... are a idiot

stickshift
Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Thu Aug 18, 05   8:49 PM     

i kinda want to get a different car any recomindation for 5,000-8,000$ used maybe

buddhakwake
Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Thu Aug 18, 05   10:01 PM     

VW bug. should be able to get a decent one for less than 5 grand, and they can actually be made quite quick. Not to mention they are easy to work on.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
MustangFanatic

Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Sat Aug 27, 05   11:02 PM     

99' Mustangs run pretty cheap right now and they don't have those curvy head lights and tail lights that annoy me so much, or you can get an old Mustang around the years of 67' like a Fastback for example, which is a nice muscle car. There are Chevys but in my opinion they put more engine than safety which is real stupid of them. Another car could be a junker, those should pbe fun for you if you're into everything about cars(except gasoline prices)and you can have a wider range of choices because since people don't wanna fix them up, they just dump them when they stop working. It's a pretty big plus I think.

buddhakwake
Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Sat Aug 27, 05   11:46 PM     

I almost had a 67 Mustang in High School for 3500 bucks. Cherry Red, and in great condition. Probably could sell it for 6 grand or more today. Instead I ended up with a 76 El Camino that got 7 miles per gallon (and that was the oil and transmission fluid, not gas). Still bitter about that.

FastFiveO
Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Sun Aug 28, 05   11:17 PM     

girl. go read a MM&FF book and then a mechanic book. then look up more cars. new and old school. then work on a car. then talk to us.

buddhakwake
Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Mon Aug 29, 05   6:04 PM     

<whispering> His profile says he's a guy, not a girl.

FastFiveO
Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Mon Aug 29, 05   6:10 PM     

yes but ive talked to HER personaly shes a lil girl who goes to christian school and camp and thinks christian rock is heavy metal

buddhakwake
Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Mon Aug 29, 05   6:18 PM     

Well, that's not right. I mean, what is this world coming to when you can't even trust the info someone gives you on the internet. It's just horrible.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Vehicle Choice   Posted Mon Aug 29, 05   7:20 PM     

Thats a little girl? Had me fooled....

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
Pages in this thread: (1) 2