This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2338

95_silverado
i need help   Posted Fri Jul 29, 05   9:16 AM     

my silverado will only get cool air inside of it when it hits high rpms and when i drive slowly and idle i get hot air only what must i fix to make it blow cold air when i want it to....i have checked the points to see if they were stuck they arent and i have checked the gas but its full so it dont need anything and bypassing the points dont make the compressor come on what must i do?

buddhakwake
Re: i need help   Posted Fri Jul 29, 05   1:26 PM     

Take it to a shop that does AC work. If you're in the Coachella Valley, Hovley Tire in PD is a good shop (I know the owner and they do good work there).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
evo_mad

Re: i need help   Posted Sat Jul 30, 05   1:37 PM     

if your driving and it over heats turn all heaters full blust and it will cool down
all the best evo_mad

x_nolimit_x
Re: i need help   Posted Sun Jul 31, 05   6:16 PM     

he meant the air conditioner wont get cold unless high rpms if it is idling it will get hot .... i dont know what to do to fix it but i know the person personally lol

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: i need help   Posted Sun Jul 31, 05   7:52 PM     

If you are absolutely positive that the gas is fully charged, then it is your AC compressor. Check to see if the belt is broken, and check to see if the compressor is frozen. If it isnt either, then you may have a leak from it.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
evo_mad

Re: i need help   Posted Mon Aug 1, 05   1:52 PM     

yer wat he said!!!!

buddhakwake
Re: i need help   Posted Mon Aug 1, 05   1:56 PM     

I still say he should take it to a good AC shop. If he didn't know how to check it out himself, then it's kinda risky for him to try with just a couple of words of advice. I mean, if he makes that shit leak himself he could end up hurt if the gas hits him when it's cold. But, then that's Darwinism in action. So, GO FOR IT!

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
x_nolimit_x
Re: i need help   Posted Mon Aug 1, 05   3:47 PM     

you give good advice but i have checked it out to best my ability and i usually find the problem its weird