This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 4907

buddhakwake
Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Mon Jul 11, 05   3:51 PM     

I'm in Budapest right now, and wanted to tell the domestic guys about a Ford Galaxy Minivan I rode in tonight. It was made by Volkswagon (it's just a rebadged Seat Alhambra, or a Volkswagon Sharan). And there's a little Chevy over here in Europe called the Spark that's just a Daewoo in disguise. Of course, on the plus side for Europe they have a Ford over here called the Mondeo that I have heard is almost on a par with the BMW 3 series in handling and performance (of course we don't get it in the States). Well, that's all for now on the updates of European models of American cars. On a semirelated note, the Chrysler 300 (which is really a German car since Daimler bought out Chrysler) acutally has made a few appearances over here, so there's hope for the Chrysler part of Daimler after all.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Mon Jul 11, 05   6:21 PM     

Chrysler bought out MBZ. Benzes are now American made.

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Wed Jul 13, 05   3:15 AM     

No my friend, you got that backwards. Daimler bought out Chrysler. That's why Kirk Kerkorian (who was a Chrysler Investor) is now suing Daimler (because it was supposed to be a merger, but Daimler really just bought out Chrysler). I know this because I work on a radio show about automobiles and have access to all the newswire info on the industry. So, Chrysler is now German and Daimler has a Millstone around their knecks.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
MustangFanatic

Re: Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Wed Jul 13, 05   1:31 PM     

I just wanted to point out that Ford bought out VW and now are using simular designs, not the other way. In no way Volkswagon owns Ford. Just wanted to point out something.

buddhakwake
Re: Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Wed Jul 13, 05   4:48 PM     

Ford did not buy out VW, and I never said that VW bought out Ford. Ford is paying VW to make a car for them in the European market. I was just pointing this out. Ford will never be able to buy out VW, since they produce so many of the best selling cars in Europe and so many cars in general (Seat, Skoda, Audi, VW, and Lamborghini, I may be forgetting something, but I'm not sure). So, I repeat, FORD DID NOT BUY OUT VW, they just pay them for the design and parts for the Galaxy Minivan in Europe (it even has the exact same look to the A/C controls, how unoriginal is that).

FastFiveO
Re: Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Mon Jul 18, 05   7:02 PM     

thats wierd. i wonder why ford would pay vw for a mini van. europe is what you think of for some exotics.. anyhow im interested in seeing this mini van. lmao.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
MustangFanatic

Re: Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Tue Jul 19, 05   5:42 PM     

I've been really keeping up to date with Ford and they did buy VW Trucks, and now own most of VW. But Whatever.

buddhakwake
Re: Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Tue Jul 19, 05   11:05 PM     

And where did you read that Ford owns most of Volkswagen? The Enquirer? I work on a radio show about cars and have never heard anything even remotely like that. Tell me where you get your information on this, cause at this point I can't believe any of it (just did a search for any kind of newsstory relating this idea and found nothing, and it would have been BIG NEWS).

nuck
Re: Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Mon Jul 25, 05   6:31 PM     

yeah buddhakwake is right ford are in no any part of volkswagen at all except maybe this mini bus he is talking bout
whats the model

buddhakwake
Re: Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Mon Jul 25, 05   7:22 PM     

Said in the first post, it's the Galaxy. And I know it's made by VW because my Polish Step-Brother has a Seat Alhambra and they are the same car other than badges and the clock on the dash in the Ford (they still put analog clocks in their cars, how cheap is that).

FastFiveO
Re: Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Mon Jul 25, 05   10:16 PM     

lol nothing wrong with clocks... mine has one.. i dunno why.. but it does..

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Mon Jul 25, 05   10:39 PM     

There's nothing wrong with clocks, but analog clocks in cars are more likely to break (what with all the little, delicate gears and stuff in there), so they should put a digital (like there is in the versions sold by VW companies).

EclipseJMC1

Re: Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Fri Jul 29, 05   3:12 AM     

Im going down to england (around bournemouth somewhere) to see relatives and they had a ford galaxy and their friends had the volkswagen version (a sharan?) and you also seen the seat one about too. In fact you could regularly see all 3 of them around but you only get the odd galaxy about where i live in scotland (even less in the highlands) around dorset though (the bournemouth area) there is a lot of big families= 2 parents + 3 kids or more.i dont know about ford buying out anyone though.

STREET RACING IS NOT A CRIME
buddhakwake
Re: Fords made by Volkswagon   Posted Fri Jul 29, 05   1:23 PM     

Ford didn't buy anyone out, they pay a licensing fee or something like that to VW (kinda like what they do with Toyota for their Hybrid SUV Drivetrain). I only ever saw 3 or 4 of them myself and one was at the Ford dealer I went to in Poland to get pictures of the Mondeo and Ka and one was the taxi I rode in in Budapest, so I figure they aren't all that common (at least in Eastern Europe).