This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 18826

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)  
buddhakwake
Re: Engine Replacement/Spark Plugs/Nitrous   Posted Thu Jul 7, 05   2:01 AM     

"NERDS!" Just had to add my favorite quote by Ogre from an old 80s movie (Revenge of the Nerds, in case anyone on the board didn't know).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Engine Replacement/Spark Plugs/Nitrous   Posted Thu Jul 7, 05   10:27 PM     

That is the worst excuse I have ever heard. You mean to tell me that the English language varies from state to state?

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
buddhakwake
Re: Engine Replacement/Spark Plugs/Nitrous   Posted Fri Jul 8, 05   3:16 AM     

Well, Oakland, CA tried to get a new langauge recognized a couple of years back called Ebonics (what a horribly racist thing that was). But othewise, yeah, it's just an excuse to make up for the fact that our education systems are failing not only the students in them, but also society as a whole, which is dependent on the proper education of it's populace. For the people who make excuses for their writing (and I mean all of them), the point of having spelling and grammar "rules" is not to make things harder for you, it is to make it easier for those you are trying to communicate with to understand you. So, using slang and not properly reading what you write before you post does a disservice to your message, as well as giving others a bad impression of your intelligence and education. So, do youself and those around you a favor and use proper American (it's not English by the way, we don't speak that in America, the vocabulary is too different) whenever you are communicating with others.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Engine Replacement/Spark Plugs/Nitrous   Posted Fri Jul 8, 05   10:22 AM     

I couldnt have said it better myself you "nerd"

"go wack you balls to a picture of 2 faggets you homo" << Direct quote from FastFiveO
FastFiveO
Re: Engine Replacement/Spark Plugs/Nitrous   Posted Fri Jul 8, 05   10:52 AM     

ebonics are refering to what blacks talk "i be waxing dat ass" i refuse to call black ppl african americans... eather your african.. if so then head home, or your american.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Engine Replacement/Spark Plugs/Nitrous   Posted Fri Jul 8, 05   11:39 AM     

You obviously dont get the point of calling them "African Americans" They descend from Africans, but are Americans. You cant just call them black, cuz then you have nothing for Americans Indians, Middle Easterners, and Latino people; are you going to call them Tan, Light Brown, and Dark Brown?

FastFiveO
Re: Engine Replacement/Spark Plugs/Nitrous   Posted Fri Jul 8, 05   8:24 PM     

rather your american.. or your not.. im mostly german.. im not going to go around calling myself german american. that would be stupid. if your born and raised here then your american end of story. and as for where the desend from.. every one desends from a nother country.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: Engine Replacement/Spark Plugs/Nitrous   Posted Sat Jul 9, 05   1:15 AM     

Five0 has a point, calling yourself African American just because your ancestors were from Africa is ridiculous. Now, if the person was born in Africa and came to America then they could rightly be called African American. If you need an exapmle of how ridiculous it is to call all "black" people African American (even with your arguement of "what would you call the other heavily pigmented people") what about all the different "white" people. I would have to call myself Polish Irish Dutch French German Portugese Cherokee Hawaiian American, when really I was born in Palm Springs. Now, it could be shortened to European Pacific Islander Native American American, but it's still fucking ridiculous. If you were born in America you are American, no other way about it, if you weren't and you chose to come to America then call yourself Wherever American. Otherwise, quit being racist about it and trying to make yourself separate from everyone else (not saying that you do this Rx, but just saying a general statement), because that's what it is. There was so much complaining about segregation and being treated differently, when that was not the issue. People just want to be separated and treated differently on their own terms, not someone else's. Ah, Fuck It! This shit doesn't belong on a car forum, what the hell are we all thinking.

EclipseJMC1

Re: Engine Replacement/Spark Plugs/Nitrous   Posted Thu Jul 28, 05   7:37 AM     

im only 12 so i cant have a car (but in 6 years hello MR. skyline haha)but i do know that in a shop in my town they sell small bottles of NOS (about 1/2 litre) for about £100 i dont no how many dollars that is though sorry!

EclipseJMC1

Re: Engine Replacement/Spark Plugs/Nitrous   Posted Thu Jul 28, 05   7:42 AM     

I thought this was about engines and NOS not what race you are

buddhakwake
Re: Engine Replacement/Spark Plugs/Nitrous   Posted Thu Jul 28, 05   11:38 AM     

I think that works out to somewhere around 180-200 dollars once you do the exchange rate.

buddhakwake
Re: Engine Replacement/Spark Plugs/Nitrous   Posted Thu Jul 28, 05   11:41 AM     

The topic of discussion on any thread on this forum will vary widely. It ususally starts out as whatever the subject line is and changes to whatever random thing someone feels like making a point about. That's just the way it goes here.

EclipseJMC1

Re: Engine Replacement/Spark Plugs/Nitrous   Posted Thu Jul 28, 05   12:55 PM     

Oh ok. Thx!

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)