This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1868

buddhakwake
Stupid Electronic governor.   Posted Wed Jun 15, 05   12:42 PM     

I hate electronic governors on cars. I was out last night testing the top speed of my tC (128, electronically limited). It was doing great, still accelerating, I though for sure it would beat my MR2 (135, redline limited). Passed 120 (which was the previous high I had taken it too) and it was doing just fine. Then suddenly at 128 and about 5900 rpms the car just started slowing down, and I knew why immediately. It was an electronic governor. So now, my first mission, before I do anything else for performance, I have to find a way to disable the stupid governor. So, any advice on figuring out how to do that without a complete reflash of the computer would be greatly appreicated. It would have hit 135 before redline, I know it would have.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
MustangFanatic

Re: Stupid Electronic governor.   Posted Wed Jun 15, 05   7:48 PM     

Heh, that's one of the first things I'm gonna try to get removed when I get a car.

Just go to a local Customs Shop or Professional Auto area and ask if they could show you where it is, and once you get that information, ask if they can remove it for you. The asking about where it's located is a back up incase they say they won't or can't, maybe it might be illegal, which it probably is. Anyways this is the best advice I can try to give.

PaulSupraMA70
Re: Stupid Electronic governor.   Posted Wed Jun 15, 05   9:18 PM     

I got my car up to 115 the other day my previous high was 100. I would of gone faster but i ran out of road. I can say though it was easily done and it shifted into 5th at about 107-110mph.

Watch the leather man ha-ha-ha-ha...
autumnklnss
Re: Stupid Electronic governor.   Posted Fri Jun 17, 05   4:00 PM     

not all cars do this but on some you can manually overide the governor by...
when you reach the maximum that the governor will let you then let off the gas and then punch it to the floor and it should let you go over the limit.

thats from me, mm'kay
FastFiveO
Re: Stupid Electronic governor.   Posted Sun Jun 19, 05   10:26 PM     

shit happens bro.. get a tolet anyways good luck on gettin it riped out

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger