This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 11207

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
quik67firebird
Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Thu Jun 9, 05   11:38 AM     

I just heard rumor that Dodge is going to stop production of the Neon SRT-4. Is this true? Are they dropping the Neon all together, or just the SRT-4 line? Anyone know?

buddhakwake
Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Thu Jun 9, 05   12:51 PM     

Haven't heard anything about it, but I wouldn't think it's too very likely considering the aftermarket Mopar support and the introduction of the Cobalt SS to compete with it. The only way it would make sense (which doesn't mean much, since the Domestic automakers have been doing lots of things that don't make sense in the last 20 or so years) would be if they stopped making it to introduce something to replace it. I really hope the rumors aren't true, because it would mean that Daimler is really fucking things up for itself even worse than it has (saying they were going to introduce several models of cars here in the US and then scrapping the plans), and that they will continue to decline in sales.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Thu Jun 9, 05   3:26 PM     

they have been having torque steer and turbo problems and a few other small things but as far as droping em i dunno

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
quik67firebird
Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Fri Jun 10, 05   7:40 AM     

Well I decided to call up Dodge corporate and ask them what the deal was with the SRT-4 and sorry to say it is going out of production after 2006. That's really to bad because that was a nice little sport compact. 4Cyl, running low 14's stock. I wonder if they are going to replace it with a car that can do the same.

buddhakwake
Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Fri Jun 10, 05   1:19 PM     

They better, or they'll be shooting themselves in the foot with the younger generations of buyers, and daimler-chrysler can't afford that.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
NotoriouS187
Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Tue Jun 14, 05   6:24 PM     

i test drove a srt4 pretty damn fast but the body on that car is junk its a neon and always be a neon but you realy paying for the turbo and engine you know...maybe this time they would make it look diffrent than a neon

buddhakwake
Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Tue Jun 14, 05   6:48 PM     

That's if they come up a replacement. The way Daimler is going they'll just get rid of it and not come up with anything to fill the "tuner" hole it leaves. Maybe they'll come out with something that looks like the charger should look (meaning two doors and not four).

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Tue Jun 14, 05   11:31 PM     

The Charger is a Magnum minus the wagon backend design.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Wed Jun 15, 05   12:53 AM     

Yeah, and it's fine for a wagon to have four doors, but a Charger should have two doors. It's like if chevy stopped making the corvette for a few years and came back with a four door, or if ford stopped making the mustang and then came back with a four door. It's just not right. They shoulda made it a two door.

FastFiveO
Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Wed Jun 15, 05   9:18 AM     

the charger will be larger then the magnum tho lol manums are small as hell i thought the new charger was gona be larger then it

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
ShotgunStang429

Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Wed Jun 15, 05   4:51 PM     

are you neon junkies retarded? dodge is only making the neon for 2 or 3more years at the most. did you think they would keep that piece of shit neon areound just to make the SRT4? wow

Neil, I wanna party with you!!!!!!
MustangFanatic

Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Wed Jun 15, 05   7:45 PM     

Annoying 'newb' flamer, but good taste in cars...

autumnklnss
Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Fri Jun 17, 05   4:05 PM     

somebody i knew died in a neon so those things scare the crap outta me.

thats from me, mm'kay
ShotgunStang429

Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Sun Jun 19, 05   5:23 PM     

ouch dude. newb. woa. thats fucking painful.

Neil, I wanna party with you!!!!!!
quik67firebird
Re: Dodge to stop SRT-4 Production   Posted Mon Jun 20, 05   8:01 AM     

I'm far from a Neon Junkie, I prefer Vintage American Muscle cars. However, it was nice to see one of the Big Three put out a sport compact car that was kicking some import butt. The SRT-4 was a quick little car and has only been in production for a few years. I would have liked to seen Dodge make more of them.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2