This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 8610

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
RaceMyJetta85
Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Sun May 15, 05   6:36 AM     

http://members.aol.com/racemyjetta85/srp/fnsr3-13.wmv

I also have a DVD released locally - check out the trailer
http://members.aol.com/racemyjetta85/local/trailer1mbps.wmv

Feel free to check out the Spokane forum also!

[External Image Removed]

buddhakwake
Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Sun May 15, 05   1:36 PM     

Okay, but how did it run? Any time slips? What kind of mods and specs you got for it?

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
RaceMyJetta85
Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Mon May 16, 05   1:03 AM     

We just got the car running with that motor in it, with the less than 500 miles after rebuild we didnt want to push it to hard. Running off ear on the timing as we had alot of distributer problems, we had it set way retarded on the cap and 0* on the cam gear... The tranny is shot. The event we where at is called Friday Night Street Racing, no time slips, just the go with the hands and people at the end of the track triggering the lights.. It looks like its runnin in the mid 15-16 sec range from the video.. I am going to put my buddy's 9A tranny in with 80% Diff. locks installed, new axles, RedLine MTF... As far as current mods I have Completly rebuilt 1.8l 16v with P&P Head, Euro Intake Cam, PaceSetter header, adjustable cam gear, windage tray, polished intake & throttle body, dual exhaust.. havnt got to put the "Wet" 50hp shot NOS in yet but will be shortly along with the Lexan Windows I already ordered but have to cut still.. Also got some MT Drag ET's to put on it...

FastFiveO
Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Mon May 16, 05   3:54 AM     

ok i saw the jetta wining aginst slow cars.and if your tranny was literaly shot your car wouldnt be going anywhere.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
RaceMyJetta85
Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Mon May 16, 05   4:08 AM     

Upon removal of tranny the next morning we came up with ZERO fluid, granted the tranny was working tho.. My shifting is really shitty huh, somethin I can work on, not like ive been racing for years or anything.. We where their to dial in the car not really comptete for any kind of title or prize, thanks for the feedback! Why you change your post?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Mon May 16, 05   10:04 PM     

So....all that work for a Jetta that can run a mid 15.....doesnt sound so promising to me.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
RaceMyJetta85
Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Mon May 16, 05   10:40 PM     

*Note*
First Run of season...
Shitty Tranny..No Fluid...
Retarded timing... Actually sounds really promising
Still have to put the bottle in with another tranny.. Aiming for 11's-12's

buddhakwake
Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Tue May 17, 05   12:26 PM     

That's the cheapo way to do it though. Nos should be a last resort unless you're running funny cars or other professional drags.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Tue May 17, 05   12:28 PM     

i changed my post because i was trying to be nice about it.. and if you have no tranny fluid your rather A . stupid or B . have a very bad leak. and your car w/ no fluid will sound like your at a saw mill and as for 11's or 12's you got a ways to go before you will get even close

buddhakwake
Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Tue May 17, 05   12:41 PM     

Even with his copout 50 shot of NOS

FastFiveO
Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Tue May 17, 05   1:36 PM     

that makes 2 of us.. 50 shot of nitrous will give it a small boost but im a all motor or forced induction person and id only want to use nitrous as a last resort.

buddhakwake
Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Tue May 17, 05   1:39 PM     

Amen. Nitrous ain't for street use. Do it up right on the engine first. Then if you want to go faster and there's nothing else you can do short of putting in a new engine (which I'd still do first) throw on some NOS. But it's still cheating in my opinion.

FastFiveO
Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Tue May 17, 05   1:51 PM     

most cars can handel a 50 shot for a couple months b4 the block totaly screws up anyways as long as you just tap it.. if you hold it say bye bye to your motor. it will be running to hot for your factory built block to hold

oldschoolford
Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Thu May 19, 05   7:44 AM     

man you are pushing 15 a 50 shot of nos will not be the best thing for 11 even with the new tranny if you want a real challenge run it with a turbo or bigger shot of nos ok i got big plans with my truck with you 50 shot and new tranny i will smoke the shit right of your little hoopty and my truck is older then yours and all i got right now is a 4 barrel and some kinda booster but when im done you will not be able to keep a good view on my truck
you dumbshit

buddhakwake
Re: Jetta Race Video - Spokane Wa   Posted Thu May 19, 05   11:25 AM     

No need to start in with the dumbshit stuff, he's not here saying that he's gonna kick everyone's asses, he's just here to talk about what he's done with his car. You on the other hand sound like an asshole coming on here and talking all this shit, why don't you just calm down and go somewhere else if what you want is to brag and act like a big man. Or isntead of acting like that you could tell us what your truck is pushing, give us some specs and not just "i will smoke the shit right of your little hoopty" (which makes no sense whatsoever without all the words that should be in that sentence, it sounds kinda like you're gonna kick the shit out of his car and then smoke it, but whatever).

Pages in this thread: (1) 2