This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 8262

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
2FaSt4u777
Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Thu May 12, 05   6:17 AM     

would u want to start out with a 92-94 intergra with a full bodykit, new exhaust system, new rims, and new Tenzo-R brake kit, or a 93 hatchback with shaved tailights, newly carpeted interior(red tweed), a full bodykit, and a GSR swap in it?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Thu May 12, 05   4:10 PM     

If I were a beginner, I would take the car with the GSR swap in it, sell the bodykit to a loser ricer like you, and then use that money to help pay for a Brembo big brake kit and learn how to drive.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Thu May 12, 05   11:30 PM     

Gotta agree with you on that one, dump the body kit for something useful, and learn to use it.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Fri May 13, 05   9:58 PM     

i got a break with my car and about $1250. and its all going onto my motor and trany i could mess with the body but thats useless.. kinda like on your car...

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
2FaSt4u777
Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Sat May 14, 05   12:05 PM     

i didnt buy the bodykit they are selling the cars with bodykits.

FastFiveO
Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Sat May 14, 05   7:00 PM     

you will break the body kit before you say whammy so its not going to do you much anyways

oldschoolford
Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Thu May 19, 05   7:53 AM     

if you are breaking body kits you dont need to be driving so the i think you should save your money get a nissan 240sx or 300zx they both handle better the those pansy cars and preforme better. matter of fact where you from? if you are from the dfw in texas i can get you a 1985 twin turbo 300zx it has one problem the distributat is crackedm that shit is easy to fix i think the guy is askin $1000 im not real sure but i can find out there is nothing else wrong with it motor wise the interor is in good shape but the radio was in rebuildin till the guy got locked up but he is gettin out next month so. other than that those are good starts if you want to get smoked in every race you get into until you put turbo or nos in it

2FaSt4u777
Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Sun May 29, 05   1:27 PM     

Na man im in North Carolina.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Mon May 30, 05   12:04 PM     

The 300Z's had problems with injectors, power transistor unit, and the intake valves went bad. In the event that one or more of those things did go bad, you would almost be paying more for the repairs then the initial cost of the car.

Samir "Office Space"
FastFiveO
Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Tue May 31, 05   7:24 PM     

i know they had coil poblems never heard anything about the injectors or any of that sort

racedude
Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Wed Jun 1, 05   6:51 AM     

well I think that the best car to start off is a cavalire i.18

well cars are so totally cool....
FastFiveO
Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Wed Jun 1, 05   10:07 AM     

cavy's are the slowes piles of shit you can find. for a domestic id say.. mustang or capri
for import miata rx7 or crx

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Wed Jun 1, 05   2:53 PM     

Definitely not an RX-7, not even the non turbo model. An 80's RX7 maybe, but not the FD.

Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Wed Jun 1, 05   3:25 PM     

I hope that was a joke. If it wasn't, then someone needs to teach you about cars.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: Which car is a better beginner car?   Posted Thu Jun 2, 05   11:35 AM     

thats what i was talking about. but none the less i like the old school rx7's and 300ZX's the newer rx7's are nice too. besides i wasnt talking balls to the wall stock performance.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2