This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 3203

94Saturn
Street Racing   Posted Thu Apr 14, 05   9:45 AM     

Im doing a paper on street racing could some people tell me why they like racing so much and give me some other ideas to include in my paper.

D15powerd
Re: Street Racing   Posted Thu Apr 14, 05   1:43 PM     

How about the american history of street racing....like back in the 50's with hot rodders and how it has evolved today to include the Japanese imports, also include the dangers involved and the number of deaths a year due to street racing related accidents. This would sound a hell of a lot better in your paper than "why i like driving my car fast". Do some research and write an educated paper as if you were writing to an audience that has NO CLUE what racing is.

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

D15powerd
Re: Street Racing   Posted Thu Apr 14, 05   1:46 PM     

you should do a search on the "RACER X" article that spawned the F&F movies, good article....bad movies. This article dates back to when import racing was still virgin and pure....like mid 90's, when the hottest honda swap was a stock GSR engine in an EG hatchback. Ahhhhhh, those were the days.....pre-paul walker.

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

buddhakwake
Re: Street Racing   Posted Thu Apr 14, 05   6:30 PM     

I like street racing because I can't afford track time. If I could afford it, I'd be on the track racing instead. For me racing is about that feeling of flying low, the connection I feel with my power steeringless MR2 and the road, that pressure on my chest when I take off. I couldn't care less if I lose because for me it's not about that, it's about the thrill of movement. D15's suggestion about the history of racing is a great idea because the sort of transition from American Hot Rods to little imports is an interesting subject. Plus you could compare the types of modifications that people did (and still do) to their older domestics with what the import drivers do. Might have wider appeal than just "Why people like street racing".

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Street Racing   Posted Thu Apr 14, 05   9:40 PM     

This might just be me, but I think he turned his paper in already.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: Street Racing   Posted Fri Apr 15, 05   11:27 PM     

If he had then he's an even worse procrastinator than I am, it was only twelve hours from his post to yours, that's not much time to write a paper, especially if you're counting on getting responses off of a forum to add to your research.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.