This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1917

MuscleCarGuy
The return of the GT 500!   Posted Mon Apr 11, 05   6:29 PM     

Could Ford finally be doing it? Could one of the greatest icons of american muscle be back? Yes, a new GT 500. Over 450 hp and 450 lb-ft. This will be the fastest, most powerful production mustang ever! Check it out. . . . I'm pumped, I dont know about you guys. . . . . Let me know what you think. . . . . . .
http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=20294&referrer=http://www.ford.com

buddhakwake
Re: The return of the GT 500!   Posted Mon Apr 11, 05   8:25 PM     

IT'S BACK. Even though it's been forever, thank god they waited till they made a mustang that looked like a GT500 instead of bringing it back with any of the previous bodies. I wish I could afford one of those. Who knows, maybe I'll win the lotto and be able to buy one when they come out. Or more likely, I'll start sh#tting gold and then have no money problems ever. But anyway, WOOHOO, IT'S BACK!!!!!!!

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
talljosh85
Re: The return of the GT 500!   Posted Mon Apr 11, 05   11:45 PM     

Its undoubtedly the most badass Mustang in a long time. Cooler the SC Cobra or the Cobra R. I think Motor Trend had a pretty good article on it, I was drooling all over the pages... That car is going to be so awesome when it arrives.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
MuscleCarGuy
Re: The return of the GT 500!   Posted Tue Apr 12, 05   6:29 AM     

I've been a long-time subscriber of Motor Trend, and this months issue has an awesome article on this car. I would advise anyone who doesn't have a subscription to at least go out and buy the latest issue. This is the best thing since sliced bread. . . . .

FastFiveO
Re: The return of the GT 500!   Posted Tue Apr 12, 05   11:55 AM     

they've been showing that as the 06 SVT cobra (the basic one) too so i dunno. wonder other then driving it what all of a roal carol shelby plays in it.. and i wonder whos taken over john colletti's job as head of SVT

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: The return of the GT 500!   Posted Tue Apr 12, 05   7:18 PM     

Shelby will tell you what kind of "roal" he will play when you tell him what a "roal" is.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"