This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2247

Bryan
Best Car For Your Buck?   Posted Wed Apr 6, 05   3:03 PM     

Well guys theres so many great cars out tyhere but here in WI treet racing is so easy i race with my brothers eclipse all the time.

But im wondering because im sitll in highschool with no job and can afford bout a 3,000 dollar car what would be the best car for speed and beauty to get for around 3 grand.

Ive had this problem awhile so i just keep with the eclpise and save my money.

buddhakwake
Re: Best Car For Your Buck?   Posted Wed Apr 6, 05   7:45 PM     

Well, best for the buck is up to you. If you are good at working on cars, then go for something old (americn muscle) that's not in perfect shape but you can work on yourself to get it in proper shape. If you aren't, then your best bets are usually civics or other hondas, they tend to be inexpensive and have lots of parts for little money, or see if your brother would be willing to part with his eclipse.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: Best Car For Your Buck?   Posted Thu Apr 7, 05   2:36 PM     

get a 80's lx mustang with a 5.0 and youll still have some money left over to mod it a lil\
because old stangs even tho there popular there still cheap my blue book value is around 1500 and ive seen bad ass stangs going to around 2-3k

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
buddhakwake
Re: Best Car For Your Buck?   Posted Thu Apr 7, 05   3:43 PM     

The only problem is that unless you are a hardcore mustang only fanatic, the 1980's mustangs are butt ugly, and he said he wanted beauty. He's better off looking for a 70's stang to build up because as long as it's pre75, it'll look good.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: Best Car For Your Buck?   Posted Fri Apr 8, 05   10:14 AM     

hate to disappoint you but mine is a 86 and its not butt ugly.. not to mention that my body style is the lightest youll get as far as GT's and later on down the line you can get body kits. i love my stang and i wouldnt change it. and if you think the 4 headlights are "so hidious" you can get headlight covers but yeah some ppl dont like the 4 eyed fox's but i cant complain beacuse anyone who dont like the looks cant outrun me. ;-) but 86 is the first year of fuel injection and many different things. im shure by now yall know mine isnt stock so say what you will but i love mine.

buddhakwake
Re: Best Car For Your Buck?   Posted Fri Apr 8, 05   8:51 PM     

But, as I said you are a hardcore mustang fanatic, so you are biased. But anyway, seeing as how he regularly drives and eclipse I'd guess (and I may well be wrong) that when he says beauty he's looking for something with a bit smoother lines than the 80's mustang. didn't mean to insult you or your car personally, so if I did I apologize.

FastFiveO
Re: Best Car For Your Buck?   Posted Sun Apr 10, 05   9:55 PM     

im not biased aginst anything i like some chevys i think the new hemi's are a crop of shit but i love dodge trucks i love vipers i love rx-7's i like some eclypse's i like dodge tt stealths even tho there not that great loking im not biased aginst shit. its just plain and simple plenty of tq plenty of power just invest in rearend gears and youll be pretty damn fast for a stock ass car.