This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 19154

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
whatthefukever
imports and domestics   Posted Sun Mar 6, 05   4:02 PM     

i was thinking earlier and a question popped into my head. so over here in america there are domestic cars and then the imports, and domestics are suppost to be so much better. but what about over in japan, is everything different, do they call their cars domestic, and american cars imports, and do they think that their domestics are better?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: imports and domestics   Posted Sun Mar 6, 05   4:17 PM     

Well, in Japan, barely anybody there has a domestic car because of high gas prices, and extreme emissions laws, thats why they produce 1.3-2.0 litre cars with high gas mileage and low emissions.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: imports and domestics   Posted Sun Mar 6, 05   6:14 PM     

yes, they probably do, although I bet there are people over there who like american muscle better. I'll ask Steve Parker (the Carnut and former KTLA Car Dude) since he's been there multiple times and when he goes it's about the cars (he's a friend and co-worker of mine).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: imports and domestics   Posted Mon Mar 7, 05   11:58 AM     

take in consideration there is tt 300zx's tt supra's skylines,s 3000gt's (the gto of japan(i dont understand it but o well)) ect, but they are the same as over here got you pokers and your domestic muscle. american muscle is the only cars in the world pretty much you can pull the muffelers off a car and it a car will sound like its going to eat you alive. most every other car sounds like the bee hive stuck inside is going to STING you live

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger

Edited by FastFiveO (Mon Mar 7, 05   12:01 PM)

WhiteboywAudi
Re: imports and domestics   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   11:22 PM     

whats this jazz about extreme smog laws, i heard the have a hp cap of 300 manufacturer however they use leaded gas over there dont they which is horribble for everyone THE SHIT WILL KILL YOU

FastFiveO
Re: imports and domestics   Posted Thu Apr 14, 05   11:32 AM     

im not shure if they use leaded or not. but they do get way higher octane ratings then we do...... bastards

D15powerd
Re: imports and domestics   Posted Thu Apr 14, 05   1:38 PM     

Put the bong down. Domestics come from your country, Imports come from other countries. Simple as that.

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: imports and domestics   Posted Thu Apr 14, 05   9:48 PM     

They dont run leaded gas. They have horsepower limits of i think 270-280, and speed limits of 110. They only made a handful of cars there over 2.6 status. You wont find anything of large displacement like you would here with 5.9 litre trucks, and all that stupid shit.

Samir "Office Space"
FastFiveO
Re: imports and domestics   Posted Fri Apr 15, 05   7:48 AM     

yeah its just a shame more displacement can be made into more hp at a cheaper price plus DOMESTIC CAR CAN HAVE TQ AS WELL AS TRUCKS. and the trucks here are actualy USEFUL

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: imports and domestics   Posted Fri Apr 15, 05   5:27 PM     

The cars they make here are cheaper because they dont have to be shipped across the fucking pacific ocean, theyre made with shitty materials, and their made poorly. There isnt any technology to go into them either. Mustangs come stock worse then an Integra RS interior wise. Why else would a new stang be 18,000 and a new civic be 16,000? It sure isnt because of price gouging. The trucks here are extremely overpowered, so they arent useful, theyre an extreme waste of power and gas. For the 2% of the population that has to tow a trailor park home, theyre perfect, or even a larger sized boat or something. Everyday industrial work can be done in a Tundra.

Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: imports and domestics   Posted Fri Apr 15, 05   11:37 PM     

Hey now, Tundras are great off-road. I've ridden in my father's Tundra on hills where Jeep CJ7's couldn't climb but his Tundra could. Granted they don't have the 9500 pound towing capacity of something like the Titan (import truck), but otherwise it makes a great work truck for my construction worker father (course he's still lucky to get more than 16 mpg on the freeway).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: imports and domestics   Posted Mon Apr 18, 05   11:04 AM     

yeah tundra's and what not can tow and off road good bit but still... it only goes so far. and RX shut up already dude. if you go into to much jap. technology for god sakes if you short a wire it will take you thousands in equipment a and a ass load of time to figure out where the hell its at.... i should know by now.. ive worked on quite a few of em with problems aka (socal hi tech imports) there is not a tech expert with any tools in the state of south carolina that can work on a nissan 300ZX and as for price of civic vs stang .. DUDE A DAMN CIVIC IS NOTHING BUT A ECONO BOX UNLESS YOU PUT EXTENSIVE MONEY INTO EM. not to mention unless you got a glass pack on them with the fart cannons every one puts on which much be the only aftermarket exhaust for em i dunno... its still sound like ass but aleast the car will fart instead of have diareah. and get a life. and get the dick out your mouth already RX

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: imports and domestics   Posted Mon Apr 18, 05   4:46 PM     

So all of a sudden I have a cock in my mouth and I dont have a life, right... Whats all this talk about shorting a wire?? What you said really makes no sense. Try using commas,periods, and capitals letters so that I know where one idea ends, and another begins. The difference between a Civic Si and a normal Civic is the difference between a Mustang GT and a regular Mustang. There are civics out there running low 13's with 5 grand or so worth of work put into them, and those are all motor. I wont even mention swapping Non Vtec Integra motors and boosting. You dont know shit, so shut your fucking mouth you illiterate, inbred ass redneck fuck.

Samir "Office Space"
FastFiveO
Re: imports and domestics   Posted Mon Apr 18, 05   8:01 PM     

so much talk from a wetback with a big mouth and nothing new to say... O yes im a red neck.. im so redneck its not funny... tell me.. is my neck red.. do i listen to cuntry.. Fuck no...and can i stand tha shit.. FUCK NO. and as for imbred how the fuck am i inbread. im sorry im not related to your family so i dont do that shit... im not mexican... im not chinese im not jap im not black so how the fuck am i inbread... " so shut your fucking mouth you illiterate, inbred ass redneck fuck. " O yeah... nicely put you stupid fucking retard

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: imports and domestics   Posted Mon Apr 18, 05   8:20 PM     

Your an inbred redneck because you can barely write your own language. I'll show you a wetback,a jap, a black guy, and a chinese guy when I see one you hick. Get your ass off these boards, your no longer welcome here by ANYONE.

Samir "Office Space"
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3