This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 6904

wmsonsprinter
A question for all racers   Posted Wed Mar 2, 05   1:08 PM     

Do you think street racing should be legalized and why? I am doing a PUBLIC POLICY paper and tring to build a case for the racers so i'd like you're opinions please and thatnk you

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: A question for all racers   Posted Wed Mar 2, 05   4:15 PM     

No, and if I did, it would never be legal because it would break speed limit, and reckless driving issues. So in essence, no, way too dangerous.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
MuscleCarGuy
Re: A question for all racers   Posted Wed Mar 2, 05   5:28 PM     

I think, in cities where street racing is a big issue, that the cities should build a safe track that is open year round for street racers. They could charge a small, yet reasonable fee per race and not only raise money, but make the streets safer for other drivers. Of course insurance and such would be an issue, however the racers could be made to sign a release form or something. Most people would be willing to give a small fee for use of the track, especially if they were still able to bet on their races. Plus with the money made from usage fees the track would pay for itself. I know there are events like this in some cities yearly, but if the tracks were open for use year around the street racing would be safe and fun for everyone. This would also decrease overnighters in jail, felony speeding tickets, and deadly accidents. Any one else agree?

talljosh85
Re: A question for all racers   Posted Wed Mar 2, 05   9:16 PM     

I'm with you MuscleCarGuy, the city and county governments need a proactive solution to streetracing. Legalizing it isn't a smart idea, more people will kill themselves. But a cheap, legal and local alternative held on weekend nights would be a great solution. Maybe lowering the fine for streetracing and not impounding cars so often would be nice though.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
LS4_454
Re: A question for all racers   Posted Wed Mar 2, 05   9:22 PM     

No, it would take out the challenge factor.
Besides, even it were legal , it would still go on outside of a race track.

Its NOT what you DONT KNOW,
Its what you KNOW thats WRONG......
Nightrider

Re: A question for all racers   Posted Fri Mar 4, 05   4:12 AM     

yeah it shud be legalised mate. If they get propa courses set up in a controlled environment there will be less deaths and injuries

3_wheeler_69
Re: A question for all racers   Posted Fri Mar 4, 05   4:13 AM     

RACE TRACKS ARE THE BEST, FAST CARS - MORE THAN 10MPH

GO, GO, GO, GO, GO, GO

I LOVE THE SPEED ITS SO LOVELY THE WIND AGAINST MY FACE, ANYONE TAKES THAT AWAY FROM ME AND MY MUM WILL SORT U OUT.

I'm in Vegas full tank of gas, wife locked in the boot - driving my way to freedom from the cops!
Nightrider

Re: A question for all racers   Posted Fri Mar 4, 05   4:15 AM     

oh 3 wheeler 69 u deluded bastard my invalid trolley only has a top end of 8 miles/hour. how in ----- name can i compete with u?

3_wheeler_69
Re: A question for all racers   Posted Fri Mar 4, 05   4:15 AM     

DONT B BALD KNIGHTRIDER - RACE AT 10mpH FEEL THE PEDESTRIANS CHEER U ON, DO IT FOR THE FANS.

REMEMBER, NEVER FORGET THE STREETS WHEN UR IN FORMULA 1 ITS WHERE U GREW UP. TUPAC NEVER FORGOT HIS HOOD - SAME FOR DRIVERS, ITS IN OUR BLOOD.

I'm in Vegas full tank of gas, wife locked in the boot - driving my way to freedom from the cops!
whatthefukever
Re: A question for all racers   Posted Sun Mar 6, 05   1:30 AM     

ok where i live there is a legal track within about 30 miles but yet we still line up and drag on the streets every weekend. i dont know theres just something about street racing you know. its not all about the race really, cuz you could be having the same race at that track and it wouldnt be as good. i guess its just the fact of know we are doing something we shouldnt be doing, you know, that adrenaline rush that you get when u cross that ghetto finish line knowing that you just broke multiple laws and didnt get caught. its crazy, maybe when i get older ill go to that track but not any time soon. so i guess what im getting at is no street racing will never be legal and that the way it should be. to many people would die if it were. but im still gonna race till i get jailed, killed, or bored.

3_wheeler_69
Re: A question for all racers   Posted Sun Mar 6, 05   4:33 AM     

Thats the spirit whatthefukever - die street racing, u will b my hero. Theres a man with ambition . . . . . . . . . . . . . . or vast swathes of stupidity runing through his vains . . . . . . . . . . . I'd go for the latter.

Personally street racing is fun but Scalectrix racing is better, it's safer and in the comfort of my own little bedroom with milk and cookies weneva I want them.

goththug520
Re: A question for all racers   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   9:20 AM     

i say keep it underground if it were legal then it would take away from the whole experience.although i do have to say the cops do cause problems for the whole thing.

WhiteboywAudi
Re: A question for all racers   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   11:07 PM     

maybe it would just be easier to have events on the street, ya know every once in a while take a street that is popular for racing shut it down around 11 and let the racers gather up let them run the races while keeping an eye out for safety and let shit happen, lets face it street racing will never b as fun unless it is on the streets. my friend put it best " i had more fun jamming when the cops came than when we were racing" and that is the plain out truth sure the racing part is fun but the adrenaline rush you get when the popos show up, you dont get tat at the track

hooyeah
Re: A question for all racers   Posted Sat Apr 16, 05   2:55 AM     

BURP

beeyotch...shit lol