This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1955

buddhakwake
G-Tech Pro Accuracy   Posted Sun Feb 20, 05   10:13 AM     

Has anyone had the chance to test the G-Tech Pro SS and compare it's accuracy on horsepower and troque meausrements with a good dyno? I was looking at getting one but wondered just how well they worked.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
talljosh85
Re: G-Tech Pro Accuracy   Posted Sun Feb 20, 05   1:55 PM     

I've used one but never compared with a dyno, so I couldn't say how accurate it was or wasn't. Fun to play with and easy to use none the less.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
buddhakwake
Re: G-Tech Pro Accuracy   Posted Wed Feb 23, 05   3:05 PM     

do you think it's worth 200 bucks? I'm on a shoestring budget here so I have to watch things a bit closely.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
talljosh85
Re: G-Tech Pro Accuracy   Posted Thu Feb 24, 05   1:29 AM     

Probably not if money is an issue, its fun and I like using it, but I can't say that its an accurate or precise tuning tool. $200 isn't a whole lot when talking about cars, but if you could spend it elsewhere on something that will make a noticable difference, I say don't get it, or look for a used one on ebay, that might be a viable option. Good luck. Josh

buddhakwake
Re: G-Tech Pro Accuracy   Posted Sat Feb 26, 05   9:28 AM     

thanks for the advice man, I'll check ebay. As a sort of corollary question, how much do shops with dynos ususally charge? Not looking for an exact figure, but a range.

talljosh85
Re: G-Tech Pro Accuracy   Posted Sat Feb 26, 05   5:15 PM     

Always glad to help. Shops can charge from like $10 a run to $100+ an hour, depending on what is being done, some places charge more for use of the O2 sensor, it just seems to vary from place to place. I think the best thing is to find a local shop and just call them up. My dad dynoed his Supra back when it was basically stock and the guys at the shop let us do like 3 runs for $30, it was a slow day so they knocked the price down a bit. Josh