This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 4135

eric06
what up?   Posted Tue Jan 25, 05   7:50 PM     

what up everyone? my name is eric. i'm 17, saving up for my first beater so i can learn to drive. i have been "into" street racing for some time. when i say "into" i mean that i can talk a mean game about the exterior but i really don't know jack. but i want to change that, so does anyone know of any good sites where i can learn all about different mods, what mod path to take with certain cars, becuase i really want to get into street racing for real. i want to eat sleep and drink it, i have the passion but don't know of the means. thanks for the help.

talljosh85
Re: what up?   Posted Tue Jan 25, 05   11:40 PM     

You've got a good mentality about it, so thats a great start. Most of the car magazines have decent websites with tech articles. I know imports more so I can suggest www.sportcompactcarweb.com , www.turbomagazine.com , www.europeancar.com , and www.modified.com . Import Tuner is pretty shitty when it comes to performance, and Super Street isn't much better. There are also more car specific sites such as www.rx7club.com , www.supraforums.com , www.hondatuning.com , www.clubwrx.net , and many others. When joining a car specific forum, use the search function and follow links to othe tech related sites or FAQs, as asking questions that have been put forth a thousand times before has a tendency to piss of the locals. Also, internet searching is a great way to find enthusiast sites which can be full of all sorts of information. If you're more interest in domestic cars, I can only suggest www.hotrod.com, I love several American cars but its not an area I have much experience in, there are other members here that can help you out in this area. Also, the mainstream auto magazines can be very helpful, such as Car and Driver, Road & Track, Automobile and Autoweek, they also have healthy websites full of information. There are a few other streetracing centered sites, but they are not necessarily the best places for good information. There exist a lot of people seeking to be cool on the internet and they will say just about anything, so be careful. Keep an open mind and be sceptical about what you might read on some random forum (such as this one). There used to be a street racing site based out of San Diego that had some good info on different cars and the building up thereof, but I can't seem to find it. The www.streetracingforums.com site seems to have been shut down as well. Perhaps the mayhem caused by F&F is starting to burn out......Anyways, the best advice I can give to you is to read everything you can, and offer to help out when somebody is working on their car (or boat, or motorcycle, or anything else with an engine). The more you know and the more you practice driving, the better off you'll be when you actually start racing. Good luck. Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
NotoriouS187
Re: what up?   Posted Thu Jan 27, 05   6:54 AM     

lol look at this dude with all these sites....wow...no offense....do you have anything else better to do..then going on this site 24/7?....

talljosh85
Re: what up?   Posted Thu Jan 27, 05   1:58 PM     

Actually, it took about 3 minutes to type that up. This site is just a place to kill time between classes, parties, and duties.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
JcAus
Re: what up?   Posted Thu Jan 27, 05   2:17 PM     

I have been on these boards for a few years now. And it seems as soon as these keyboard warriors get a licence they decided to come on here and talk shit. I am sorry but give it 3 months and the posers will leave.

It is good to see people wanting to learn about the industry instead of saying shit about "my mates, cousins, uncles, brothers former room mate has X type of car and will smoke you"

Good on you Eric for looking to learn about this stuff and dont listen to the people who try and put you down.

There are no stupid questions

Welcome to the boards
Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
eric06
Re: what up?   Posted Thu Jan 27, 05   6:46 PM     

thanks for the welcome, and i'm not fake. i may not be here very often but i'll be here for alot longer than 3 months.

Edited by eric06 (Thu Jan 27, 05   6:47 PM)

buddhakwake
Re: what up?   Posted Thu Jan 27, 05   11:52 PM     

Good to hear it man, the more people on here for the CARS and not the bragging the better.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
buddhakwake
Re: what up?   Posted Thu Jan 27, 05   11:54 PM     

there are stupid questions, for an example of a stupid question look at the thread about mustang vrs. civic posted here in the general forum, but thankfully MOST people (not notorious) know when not to ask them.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
calidrager06
Re: what up?   Posted Wed Feb 2, 05   8:14 AM     

eric i know what your going through I was you a year ago didnt really know anything but you start hanging around cars and people who know what your doing and ask a few questions you will pick it up quick I dont know everything but I have learned alot already

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: what up?   Posted Wed Feb 2, 05   4:34 PM     

I hope you read my post about you in the domestic forum, maybe you'll learn a little more.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
FastFiveO
Re: what up?   Posted Thu Feb 3, 05   6:03 PM     

eric go anhead and jump into street racing to quick, and when you take it a step ahead of what you know. make shure your family sends me the pic of the body bag thats holding you in it.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger