This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 35112

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5  
FastFiveO
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Sat Mar 26, 05   11:10 PM     

dude. truthfuly i dont give a crap whats done to a civic they still wont be super fast

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Sat Mar 26, 05   11:41 PM     

Well what do you consider super fast, cuz they can run 7's now.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
FastFiveO
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Sun Mar 27, 05   6:47 PM     

yeah. the full blow gutted ass load of money ones run that

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Sun Mar 27, 05   7:37 PM     

All you would need is a Dart block,a turbo, nitrous, internals, pretty much the works. I would estimate maybe $10,000, give or take.

Samir "Office Space"
Kutsuju_racing
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   4:10 PM     

just thought I'd show you how I run against 5.0's out here with Nitrous...

The track temps were crazy hot since it hit 93 that day but hey it was still fun! I have a few more to show you once I get them downloaded. This one made my day cause the mustang guys were talking shit in the Pits!

there were a few modded vettes only running 13.6's to show you how hott it was out there. and a CRAZY Formula one with motor work hit 13.4 though!

http://www.kutsujuracing.com/videos/efvs5.0.wmv

Kutsuju Racing Pres
FastFiveO
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   4:30 PM     

that dude looked like he was running slow.... anyways who won the race? and what times he run vs your times?

Kutsuju_racing
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   5:04 PM     

haven't you ever been to a track? didn't you see the green light on my side?

I don't remember I think it was a high 14. he ended up spinning um trying to catch me I guess....but that's what happens when a honda gets a hole shot on you. they normally try to hard to get me and can't show they're driving skills.

I know he looked slow that's why we call them 5. slows! he was one of the quickest that night. Most GT's at this track run mid to high 14's unless they're running slicks and big motor work then they'll dip into the 13's but most run 14's.

Don't get me wrong in the winter there's some big boys out here during the real season and a few turbo's that run 11's and 12's.

Kutsuju Racing Pres
Kutsuju_racing
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   5:10 PM     

Let me ask you this what would an 03 Mach 1 run? and what would a GT run?

Kutsuju Racing Pres
FastFiveO
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   7:59 PM     

03 mach 1 runs in the 13's if i remember right and what year GT are you talking about .
and as for green light. no i didnt see a green light on your side... how can i determin when i didnt even see his side.

WhiteboywAudi
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   8:04 PM     

i saw this forum and i cannot believe you guy argued about this for four pages......what the hell? seriously tho

size of the engine is not only thing that matters, for you gt folk out there ill remind you that you have a 4.6liter v8 producing only 250 bhp how many STOCK 4 cylinder NA engines are in that area right now 230 on the s2000 210 on a prelude to name a few and as far as v8's go the audi 4.2 v8 produce somewhaere in the area of 350 was it and the m5's pushes around 395

come on now whit the right stuff any car can made to be fast
even civics hell you could prolly make a metro go fast if you were obscenely rich and had nothing to do

as for you god why are you arguing with these guys if your civic is what you say it is have yourself a good ass laugh, i sure did when i saw that vid theres nothing better than busting guys wiith big egos and big engines

as for me just so u dont say im talking sith with nothing to back it up is have a a4 1.8t quattro whith the following upgrades hks short ram, 3"exhaust catback, crank pulley, apr chip, densos with a wire kit, and last but not least a nice n good bypass, dont much care for the blowoff plus cant really pull it of on a closed loop with my budget

buddhakwake
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   8:58 PM     

if you watch the video again, in the background behind the time stand there's a green light that lights up when they finish. That's what he's talking about, and it's kinda hard to see if you don't know where to look, I just got lucky and happened to be looking in that spot when it fired.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
WhiteboywAudi
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Apr 13, 05   10:11 PM     

isaw it it was on the civics side it lights up for bout 2 seconds

FastFiveO
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Thu Apr 14, 05   11:27 AM     

O well my track here just flases a "W" on the sighn.
and as for this. any car can be built but 9/10 imports have econo box engines and cost more usualy to get it fast enough. domestics usualy have already i larger amounts of power and easier to work with usualy for way less.... and its not only that. no matter what it is imports are always harder to work with dew to there so cal "technology" aka you haf to pay them to fix your car unless you have thousands in electronics

buddhakwake
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Thu Apr 14, 05   6:23 PM     

unfortunately yes that is almost always true (there are some exceptions like the toyota 2000gt or the older 240z from datsun). but in my case in particular (I won't speak for others on this) the increased reliability of the stock versions of imports versus domestics (and it is still the case because the domestics won't spend the money on engineering that the imports do) makes it much easier for me to have an import. Not to mention the greater selection of lightweight imports, because while I love a good quarter mile I get lots of thrills from tossing lightweight cars like my 2200 pound MR2 through the corners without power steering helping me out. Now this is not to say that I wouldn't love to have some good OLD American Muscle, as I've said again and again, but with my (depending on the time of year) anywhere from 2-5 jobs I just don't have the time to put in all the wrench work myself. For that matter, if I did have the time I might even consider an old VW Bug because you'd be hard put to find an easier engine to work on and they can be made much quicker than anyone would expect. For the record though, my dream car to race (other than the high priced exotics) would be a Corvette from the late 50s up to about 1967 (especially if it was the 427 I saw at the Peterson Automotive Museum). And as far as mustangs go, my personal preference would be any prior to 1972 or the newest models (retro styled). I'd be VERY happy if I had one from 1964.5-1968 (almost had a 1967 in high school in GREAT condition for 3500 bucks, but couldn't scrounge up the money and if my parents were to buy my car it had to be something that my mom approved of safety-wise since she's a nurse and very nervous about her only son's penchant for doing wild things with wheeled vehicles).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Thu Apr 14, 05   9:43 PM     

I like how you said "wheeled vehicles"

Samir "Office Space"
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5