This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 35112

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5  
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Mar 9, 05   5:29 PM     

Find where I said it doesnt matter what kind of boost your running, and ill give you $100. I have been in a boosted car, many in fact. PSI is the same no matter what kind of unit you have; 8psi is 8psi regaurdless, and there arent "different types of boost".Claiming that you can beat a slightly modded GT is saying that your CIVIC is fast, definitely faster than normal.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
FastFiveO
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Mar 9, 05   8:09 PM     

this dude witha slightly moded civic claimed his civic runs 8's or 6's in the 6th mile lol

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
mustangracer

Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Mar 9, 05   8:50 PM     

You a grown ass man huh. But you drive a civic . I dont like to pick on dudes that drive Hondas, its just wrong.

all raced out, nowere to go
talljosh85
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Mar 9, 05   9:34 PM     

well, you're not exactly right there, if it takes twice the time to spool up and produce the same boost, the car will probably be slower, otherwise I agree with your comments.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Mar 9, 05   10:11 PM     

Well, I acknowledge that a bigger unit will take longer to spool, but he said that he had a unit from an 03 wrx, like the unit from the wrx is custom made or something.

Samir "Office Space"
Kutsuju_racing
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Tue Mar 15, 05   11:03 AM     

no the only reason why I mentioned the fact is because it's puny and in the off season I'm upgrading to a T3/T04E Unit and at the same PSI It will kill that puny turbo. and actually Subaru uses the Mitsubishi Td04 turbo. it's a 15 G. It's a little baby. and it is custom because I had to machine adapter plates to make the turbo work. I built my own kit I didn't buy it from ebay. you've ever heard of a civic running a wrx from a turbo? I got the turbo for free because I upgraded a friends stock turbo.

You couldn't be more wrong with you comment so you should stop while your ahead. the same amount of boost on a bigger turbo will make way more power at the same boost levels. first off it has to do with volume. then I can go into sustaing boost levels for a longer period of time making WAY more power in the end. I'll stop there Please don't make me continue with this just realize your wrong and move on.

oh, and for you spoolin' comment....that's why god created gears...to down shift! and even if not all it means is that a smaller turbo will get out first but after the big turbo spools in one gear you might as well call it quits!

Kutsuju Racing Pres

Edited by Kutsuju_racing (Tue Mar 15, 05   11:16 AM)

Kutsuju_racing
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Tue Mar 15, 05   11:13 AM     

yup! I own a house too! I'm not grown cause I own a civic? I probably bought in when you were in 7th grade. "but I like picking on mustangs!" hahaha see it's lame for a guy with a 4.6 or a 5.0 to try and pick on honda's cause they have equivilent to 3 more motors then a honda and they think there cool for it now on the other hand the Black GT Mustang that I smoked last week and the Z28's...then it's just hilarious especially cause it usually starts out with them revving or laughing at me!

Kutsuju Racing Pres
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Tue Mar 15, 05   3:45 PM     

No. No no no no no no no. You have to realize that PSI is a unit of measurement, and it creates the same amount of power no matter which turbo that you use. The ability to sustain more PSI is the only upside to having a bigger turbo unit. The more PSI you run, the more lag there will be starting off, and youll probably lose. You cant run taht much PSI in your civic anyways, so I dont see why your jumping to buy a bigger unit. Look at it like this: imagine a straw that can blow out 2 PSI realy quick, but maxes out at 4. Now imagine a straw double in size, that takes a little more time to blow the same amount of power, but maxes out at 8. The whole point im trying to show you, is that the turbo will create the SAME AMOUNT OF PSI THAT YOU SET IT TO, BUT WILL MAX OUT HIGHER IF IT IS LARGER THAN THE OTHER. A larger turbo has THE POTENTIAL to create more power by upping the boost, but does not create more at the same PSI. Volume doesnt have anything to do to do with it, your motor can only accept so much air in, no matter how much your turbo can pull in and dish out. I dare you to keep trying to post up Mr.Professor.

Samir "Office Space"
Kutsuju_racing
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Tue Mar 15, 05   6:36 PM     

OMG!!! Your not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you. your right PSI is a measurement but so is volume!!!! It's caleed forced induction you dummy! read your own words. a bigger straw does what? moves more volume...so it will fill something quicker and make more power.

dude I build motors and do swaps. I work on cars for money and you think your gonna prove me wrong. did you forget to read my post about a fully built motor? I have "H" beam rods and forged pistons ready to assemble!

"You cant run taht much PSI in your civic anyways, so I dont see why your jumping to buy a bigger unit"

arn't you the genius who just said that PSI isPSI???? So with your theory it shouldn't matter which turbo I run!!! hahahaha! dude take up uno or something cause you don't know shit about cars!

tell me this if your theory is right then why does the whole world upgrade turbo's? or go to bigger carbs? bigger intake manifolds or bigger throttle bodies? an all motor car doesn't force any more pressure in only more volume to make more power...more volume = more cfms....

by the way I've had friends make over 80 hp by upgrading a turbo and by the way my brother went from a 13.8 on a stock turbo then upgraded it and went 13.1's at the same PSI!!!! then cranked it up 6 more PSI AND WENT 12.73a110 this weekend!!!

here a quick yahoo search for you and a 100 hp with just turbo upgrade. Then explain why on the "same" 22 psi steve (1.8t03t04e) has ~ 100whp more than an APR stage 3 on the "same" 22 psi

look at the quick class for Import drag racing. I attended with my wife the first 9 second side by side race...Lisa Kubo and Kenny tran...the year prior most people running T3/T4's to run the ten's then steph papakis stepped all the way up to a T-88 and eventually went 8.12? so why go with a bigger turbo you ask? to make more power!!!

Kutsuju Racing Pres
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Tue Mar 15, 05   9:27 PM     

People upgrade turbos because they spool faster. Some are engineered better than others, using lighter material for the fan. This si the last time I explain this. You are capable of blowing more air through the bigger straw with less work, but it comes out slower than what would come out of the smaller straw.Im sick of arguing with you, its obvious your not willing to listen. I also dont know a damn thing about cars, I only own a few yard here and there, you on the other hand, are a grease monkey.

Samir "Office Space"
Kutsuju_racing
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Mar 16, 05   5:32 AM     

your right I am a grease monkey. I built my own turbo kit. dude read you last post. thats exactly what I'm talking about.

you start out by saing "People upgrade turbos because they spool faster"

then..."You are capable of blowing more air through the bigger straw with less work, but it comes out SLOWER than what would come out of the smaller straw"

So which one is it? they upgrade to spool faster? or a bigger turbo spools slower? I think it's C you don't know what your talking about.

by the way the best way to get a turbo to spool faster is to go with a smaller turbine housing = smaller A/R = quicker spooling....exactly why they created the T3/T4 which has the T3/ Exhaust housing mated to a T4 Compressor housing giving you big air flow with quicker spool.

Kutsuju Racing Pres
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Wed Mar 16, 05   10:26 PM     

Well duh sir, its a hybrid. Let me clarify what I mean. More air is capable of coming out of the bigger straw, but takes more work to blow the same PSI out. The smaller straw is easeir to blow PSI out, but not as much can come out as related to the bigger straw. People upgrade turbos to ones that spool faster, I diddnt mention anything about upgrading in size. You assume because I say upgrade, that I mean size, so stop assuming, you already know how that metaphor goes. A bigger turbo does spool slower, BUT, and this is a very big but, some turbos not a great deal in size larger to the one you would already have, are engineered to spool faster than the smaller ones, giving you an increase in power without the lag. In some cases you are correct, using the technicalitt of what I will call "Technilogically Advanced" turbines, but your standard factory turbo will not apply to that.

Samir "Office Space"
WRXimprzza

Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Thu Mar 17, 05   7:48 AM     

hey how much do u think a lancer IIIV is

i dont love people, i love camaros, zepplen , and french fries
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Thu Mar 17, 05   5:09 PM     

Listen you little son of a bitch, stop jacking other peoples threads.

Samir "Office Space"
dcmcguy
Re: Mustang VrS Civic   Posted Thu Mar 17, 05   5:50 PM     

yea, a FRICKIN CIVIC!!!!!!!!!!!VS. A MUSTANG!!!!!!!1 who the frick do you think is gonna win, that piece of crap 1.8L!!!!!! GOD, IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!the mustang would kick alot of cars a$$es

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5