This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1062

b18c1_crx_hf
Sand damage   Posted Wed Jan 12, 05   6:08 AM     

has anyone here ever claimed sand damage with their insurance co.? Im just curious to see what is involved in this process. I have a 97 civic ex that has seen better days (the headlights arent looking as fresh as they once did, my windshield shows signs of wear beacause of the sand & so forth). Let me know what is involved if anyone has had 1st hand experience.
Thanks in advance.

tunermonkey
Re: Sand damage   Posted Mon Feb 7, 05   8:59 PM     

I got caught in a sandstorm a few years back and had to file a claim. It was a fairly simple process, even though the guy we dealt with MAJORLY underquoted the repair work, so pretty much nothing got fixed. (And the car got nailed in a parking lot several weeks afterward by some jackass that took off)

Pretty much, our company sent us to an authorized shop to have it looked at, and then they sent the quote to our local agent, who then came out to take pics and counter-estimate the damage, and then cut a two-party check a week or so later to the insured and the repair shop.

[External Image Removed]

If the car wasn't screaming, I wasn't racing.