This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 7597

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
billdoe
Re: Import Attitude   Posted Tue Dec 7, 04   6:44 AM     

Dude I hear you on the import thing.. People around here where I live think their cars are hot shit cause they have a loud exhust and clear taillights. lol... i myself have a 1976 chevy nova with a 327 small block and all of these people who have ricers always want to race me and every time I always win.. Now I am getting to the point where its a waste cause the only thing beating them is doing is eating up my gas.. hahaha

1969Stang
Re: Import Attitude   Posted Tue Dec 7, 04   2:58 PM     

its all a conspiricy. they race you. you win. you get gas they pass you at the station. they make you pay more money for gas to make up the margin for are car parts vs. there car parts. hahha...i got to stop drinking

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
talljosh85
Re: Import Attitude   Posted Thu Dec 9, 04   12:56 PM     

Chill out man. You started this by including all import drivers in your generalization, which happens to include those driving Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, and the like. I fell into the category when you said everyone, and thus I had to defend myself, and I tried to explain why several people were offended by your original post. I'm not saying that is necessarily what you think, but, when you make a generalization like that, people take offence. There are a lot of ricers out there, I can't argue that, but driving a modified 4 banger doesn't necessarily make one a ricer. The WRX STi and Lancer Evo VIII are two great examples of 4 cylinder imports that kick ass, the new Lotus Elise also comes to mind. And, fwiw, there is more to life then the quarter mile, if thats what you love, more power to you, but for those that like turns in their racing (left and right) there is something about good suspension, brakes and light weight that make a car a pleasure to drive and competent on the racetrack. I think I probably know a lot more import guys then you, and, guess what, many of them are competent mechanics and knowledgable about cars from a variety of continents and eras, given, some are oblivious to cars and have a lot of hate for anything domestic, rwd and powered by a V8, but, I can only help them so much. Just because some guy decides he wants to build a 500 hp 240sx doesn't mean he is a jack ass; it is a different approach, and its generally easier to make more power with a bigger engine, but again, there is more to a car then just power.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
Pages in this thread: 1 (2)