This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1693

bowonmyfinger

I need Help...( Its for school...)   Posted Wed Dec 1, 04   5:30 PM     

Okay... For my English 2 class We have to do a 5 Page research paper... I picked Street racing... my teacher didnt want me to but I did. I need hellp with Ideas for like different styles and techniques of driving... or any thing you can help me with would be awesome... Thanks.

"Yeah Yeah Yeah, Joni Loves Chachi But Does Chachi Give A Flying Fuck About Joni?!"
-Night At The Roxberry-
talljosh85
Re: I need Help...( Its for school...)   Posted Sun Dec 5, 04   2:07 PM     

Well, you could talk about the roots of street racing and its effects on pop culture, movies such as "Two Lane Blacktop" and "American Graffitti" come to mind along with "TFATF", you could mention how this sub culture has influenced car makers, from the rise of muscle cars during the '60s and 70's to the modern so-called pocket rockets such as the SRT-4, WRX and Evo VIII. You could speak about the similiarities between then and now, ie talking a light weight, cheap car, putting in a larger engine, better tranny, and then modifying the car to perform better. You could mention the rise of the NHRA out of the street racing of the 50's and 60's and the IHRA being a younger clone of sorts, there are a lot of ways this could go. You really need to look up the roots of street racing to build on and then bring in the modern goings on to finish the paper. At least, that is how I would do it. Good luck, Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
SpyderEclipseKid

Re: I need Help...( Its for school...)   Posted Tue Dec 14, 04   3:33 PM     

Why don't you that ther is 3 types, drag, track, and track.

talljosh85
Re: I need Help...( Its for school...)   Posted Tue Dec 14, 04   11:53 PM     

Well, streetracing gave rice to drag racing (NHRA), circuit racing was around before the 50s, ie Mille Miglia.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!