This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 3956

ShotgunStang429

Contour SVT mods   Posted Tue Nov 16, 04   5:46 PM     

Hey yall im new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has good experience with SVT Contours and any suggestions for cheap mods. thanks

Neil, I wanna party with you!!!!!!
ShotgunStang429

Re: Contour SVT mods   Posted Sat Nov 20, 04   7:21 PM     

Come on. Somebody on this goddamn forum has to have atleast one idea.

evopanop
Re: Contour SVT mods   Posted Sat Nov 20, 04   7:25 PM     

Maybe this site will help...
http://www.shoshop.com/
...all I could find from my brief searching. *shrug*

[External Image Removed]
ShotgunStang429

Re: Contour SVT mods   Posted Sun Nov 21, 04   9:39 AM     

thanks man, it's a start

1969Stang
Re: Contour SVT mods   Posted Thu Nov 25, 04   9:10 PM     

for what the car was. it was a pretty good car. really. everyone that has one loves the ride and yet it still handles well. but if you have the performance itch there is a company that has a supercharger for it and theres n2o kits out there for it and intake exhaust lowering springs and so on. but remember once you start moding that motor it may become less relaible for you. there not know for longivety once you start messing with it. but if you leave it stock it wont be the fastest or the best handling car out there... but it will hold its own. to a point..

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
ShotgunStang429

Re: Contour SVT mods   Posted Thu Nov 25, 04   9:36 PM     

good advice. i'm not too familiar with the 2.5 duratec so any tips are welcome

MuscleCarGuy
Re: Contour SVT mods   Posted Wed Dec 1, 04   7:43 AM     

I have a 2.5 duratec in a ford ranger. Surprisingly it runs out alright for a 4 cylinder in a truck. This doesnt mean its fast by any means, but it runs alright for a 4 banger truck. Go cheap with this, try aftermarket exhaust like a flowmaster 40 or 60 series, and try a cold-air intake and possibly prformance plugs. I have a flowmaster 40, K&N Gen II FIPK , performance plugs. Its just a little boost of maybe 20 - 25 hp but its a start. Also Try dropping the cat, get an O2 sensor plug for the exhaust and buy new headers. If you find out where to get these things for this engine let me know. Ive been looking for them.

MuscleCarGuy
Re: Contour SVT mods   Posted Wed Dec 1, 04   6:25 PM     

I do agree with 1969stang, this motor isnt exactly reliable. The drivetrain isnt either. I have less than 50,000 miles on mine and have alraedy had to replace the PVC Valve, clean the throttle body, and relapce the idler control valve. It has been in the shop 3 times for transmission problems rough shifts, not wanting to downshift, etc... There is also a very loud valve rattle at high RPMs and very low RPM's and since the ford motor company made everything computer controlled none of these things can be adjusted. So be expecting problems in the future. Im not just knocking the ford motor company i own 3 fords a jeep and a chevy. This is from personal experience.

kvsr
Re: Contour SVT mods   Posted Tue Dec 7, 04   5:23 PM     

I got a mercury mystique spree (same as the contour sport) with the 2.5 duratech. To be quite honest with you, it doesnt need any mods. If you want a little more edge put the cat back exaust on it but clean out the cat. Also you get a short ram for it on ebay and you can get cold air at www.batinc.com or something like that. I wouldnt NOT recomentd the cold air. The temp inside the contour and mystique never gets higher then 3 degrees above outside air and when you take the sound proofing off the underside of the hood it stays about the same as outside temp. So short ram costs about $70 less then cold air and its more dangurous too with the whole sucking in water and such. If you want more info on yr car go to my site http://kvsr.com, sign up, and PM me, Im Ricky and im a manager there, See ya there man.

Edited by kvsr (Tue Dec 7, 04   5:27 PM)

Taylor04
Re: Contour SVT mods   Posted Sun Jan 9, 05   12:45 AM     

Check out www.svtperformance.com I lurk there all the time, its a great site. They have a section for the Contour.

04 Grey Mach 1 (stock)