This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 36793

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5  
RedMafia318i

Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Thu Nov 4, 04   2:20 PM     

Send it to me :-D

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Thu Nov 4, 04   5:11 PM     

Well if your going to go that route, then it is sad that domestic companies need a 5.0 motor to crank out horses, when my 1.8 can crank out 210, not to mention that no domestic company has anything close to VTEC, and also, whywould you import a GSR motor?

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
FastFiveO
Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Thu Nov 4, 04   8:53 PM     

is your rx7 not turbo. O and need i reminds its split half way with ford because ford owns mazda. and i am not puting it past a 4 cyl but it still dont have the tq, and every one is honda this honda that. the nicest honda car made outa f-1's ect is that new acura that cost about 50k or so. really honda civics are chick cars to me (no offence to the girls on here) but same for the 4 cyl lx mustang they were a buisness womans car originaly. before they droped the 5.0 in em. so.. wtf. whats the crave for hondas. there econo boxes unless you drop a ass of money into em. i dunno.... w/e

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
DBLDREW
Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Fri Nov 5, 04   3:18 PM     

The same could be said for your 1.8. It’s sad that you have to rely on a turbo for your hp.

Considering this topic is about a $10,000 budget.

If you put $10,000 into a 5.0 and also in your 1.8, I would bet the 5.0 would make a hell of a lot more power.

But talk is cheap (unless someone wants to donate $10,000 to both of us to find out)
But just out of curiosity if you had a $10,000 budget just for your motor what would you do and how much hp would you get?
I’ll do the same for a 5.0

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
NotoriouS187
Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Fri Nov 5, 04   5:26 PM     

bro i hate import shit but thats one heck of a engine though bro

ek9turbohatch
Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Thu Nov 11, 04   6:48 PM     

del sol's are heavy i dont know what crack you have been smokin but pass it along. if you want to buy a built car i have a few. gutted or for street or i can build one to your specs. or even build a turbo kit for your tc scion. let me know. i have a shop hit me up

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Thu Nov 11, 04   7:41 PM     

It would be a novelty car, the fact taht its only got a 95hp motor would just make it cool. But i'm interested in your car building, PM me

Samir "Office Space"
evopanop
Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Wed Nov 17, 04   11:52 AM     

With $10k, I'd do what I'm going to be doing soon. Buy a FD RX-7 (93-95 in the US for those not in the know) and swap in an LS1 V8 with 6-Speed. With just that alone, you run faster than a Z06 Corvette, and for a HECK of a lot cheaper. Check out hinsonsupercars.com for more info.

buddhakwake
Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Thu Nov 18, 04   4:25 PM     

Now that's creative, and it sounds like a great adrenaline mahcine too. Is it actually possible for $10,000 or less?

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Thu Nov 18, 04   4:36 PM     

Thats actually really stupid. The FD already comes with a twin turbo motor, so i dont see why you would need anything better. Its liek buying a supra so you can put a Diablo motor in it; its just stupid. Not to mention that you would have to buy a stiffer suspension for it.

Samir "Office Space"
FastFiveO
Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Thu Nov 18, 04   5:06 PM     

yeah it is stupid..... not to mention puting a gm motor in a ford owned car. i think these ppl are retarded that they hate the way chevy looks or so i can guess then buy a ford and drop a chevy engine in it... totaly stupid.. whats the use... its gay.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Thu Nov 18, 04   5:50 PM     

I mean, if yoru gonna swap in an engine, at least make it the same company.

Samir "Office Space"
evopanop
Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Thu Nov 18, 04   7:35 PM     

Thanks for the kind words, buddhakwake. Obviously there are others on this forum that don't think the way you do, lol. Edit: Oops, forgot to answer your question about it being $10k or less. Well, it's very close. I plan on spending about $4k at MOST for a FD RX-7 with a blown motor, etc. About $4k at MOST for an LS1 engine and 6-speed transmission, which I will probably end up getting for $3500, or less, because they are so easy to find. And about $4k for the complete swap package to make it all happen and be up and running nicely. Now, of course, that comes to $12k... but I am including some things in the swap package that'll make it easier for me to do all of this on my own... So, you could probably get it under $10k, but in the end you'd be making it a lot harder on yourself.

If you think about it, though, for $12,xxx that you ultimately spend, in the end, it'll run high 11's, or low 12's, out of the box, and you only spent $12.xK on it. Quite a bargain compaired to any Corvette, that's for sure. And, personally, I like the looks of the FD RX-7 more than the 'Vette. :-P

I really have no need to justify what I'm going to be doing. I've chosen to do it, it's my choice, and that's all the justification that I need. If you don't like it, too bad. Yes, it will be fast. No, it won't have the stock rotary in it, or even a Ford engine for that matter. And yes, I don't care that you don't like it. :-P

Edited by evopanop (Thu Nov 18, 04   7:41 PM)

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Thu Nov 18, 04   8:35 PM     

Only 12 grand huh? For that much, you could buy the car, swap in a 20B, and tune the hell out of it, and you would run far past a 12.

Samir "Office Space"
evopanop
Re: $10,000 dollar budget, what do you do?   Posted Fri Nov 19, 04   12:07 AM     

But, then, of course, you'd still have a horribly unreliable rotary engine. :-P Sorry to bust your balls, but an LS1 V8 has far more "tune-ability" than even a 20B Triple-Rotary. I'd really rather not get into an argument about it, because it really just isn't worth the time and headache, so I'll leave it at that. You can, obviously, believe whatever you want to, no one is forcing you; and, I'll believe whatever I want to. :-D

In any case, I assume by your screen name that you have an RX-7, is that true? What year is it, mods done to it, etc.? I know we can both agree that the RX-7 is a very beautiful car, that's for sure. :-)

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5