This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 17758

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4  
BoyRacerParkesy

Hi people   Posted Sun Oct 17, 04   6:09 AM     

New guy here, the names Chris. Thought i'd drop a line and say hi. I got my ride kittted out with some kit, finally. P.S i like the create a ride game, not much to choose form though. (AJIGIKIADECEELBEE this is my vin number for a quick car i designed). Bye folks
From Chris

importracer06
Re: Hi people   Posted Sun Oct 17, 04   11:56 AM     

hey player my name is shawn and just here to what is up people and need to know which is better a srt 4, rsx, or a civic si so if you wuld like to help me out kool
see yall later

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Hi people   Posted Sun Oct 17, 04   1:05 PM     

SRT-4 is by far better then the Si or the RSX cuz its turbo. The turbo and rsx, and its a different story, but yeah, you said them in order.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
importracer06
Re: Hi people   Posted Sun Oct 17, 04   1:57 PM     

thank you for your input and so if i can find the srt 4 i get it or go down from my list

buddhakwake
Re: Hi people   Posted Mon Oct 18, 04   10:38 PM     

yeah, but before you go with the civic si, you might wanna consider a scion tC, same horsepower 30 more ft-lb torque and half a second better stock 0-60 and a 2.4 liter engine to work with give you more of a head start over the si, and if you go with the rsx make it the s type or again take the scion first. Oh and the scion comes cheaper (like four grand minimum) and better equipped than either. but definitely go for the srt-4 first

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
importracer06
Re: Hi people   Posted Tue Oct 19, 04   9:03 AM     

kool
yeah i have seen the tc but i like the xa more and they are like another 4 grand cheaper the way i wont it so i might go with the tc after the xa

buddhakwake
Re: Hi people   Posted Tue Oct 19, 04   4:21 PM     

the problem with the xa is that it has a much smaller engine (I think it's 1.5 or 1.6 liters) and only 108 hp stock, it's not much to work with, but hey if it's what you like then go for it. The most important thing is that it's a car you can be happy with, don't let anybody tell you anything different.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Hi people   Posted Tue Oct 19, 04   4:57 PM     

Well if thats the way you think, then put it this way- The Si only has a 1.6L motor that cranks out 160HP, its a full VTEC, and more companies make stuff for it then the TC. If I were you, I would buy an Integra GSR- they have more HP with 170(or 168, but big deal) More LB FT of torque,VTEC motor, and theyre about 4K cheaper then the Si would be. The Si is cheaper then the TC, and the GSR is the cheaper of the two, not to mention that the TC DOES NOT have a faster 1/4 mile time. The TC is basically Toyota Camry

Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: Hi people   Posted Fri Oct 22, 04   2:10 PM     

okay, I don't want to get into an arguement with you, but I believe in proper fact checking when discussing things, so let get to the facts shall we? the published stats for the civic si are 160 hp @ 6500 rpm 132 lb-ft of torque at 5000 rpm from a 2.0 liter engine with an msrp of 19,220 dollars whereas the scion tC has 160 hp at 5700 rpm 163 lb-ft of torque at 4000 rpm from a 2.4 liter engine with an msrp of 16,465 (I got mine out the door with trd exhaust, 6disc in dash changer, alarm, obx pedals and shift knob for 19,700). The civic si runs a quarter mile in 15.9 seconds according to road and track while the scion tc runs a quarter in 15.7 according to sport compact car (I could not find stats for si on scc web site nor could i find stats fro tC in road and track magazine). While the tC may have a camry engine, the car itself is not based on the camry, but the avensis from europe. While more people may currently be making parts for the si the tC has support from TRD which does not void a warranty like many aftermarket honda parts. So the tC has more torque (which is more important for quick launches) and is actually about 3-4,000 dollars cheaper than the si and runs faster quarter miles stock. But hey like I said in my last post, the only thing that really matters when you buy a car, whether you are a tuner or not, is that you get a car you really like and won't want to get rid of in a year or two because it has things about it that you don't like...so bottom line is buy whatever you want to buy and have fun with it.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Hi people   Posted Fri Oct 22, 04   5:42 PM     

No. The Si has a 1.6L, costs about $10,000, and for that extra money you could turbocharge it and jizz all over your TC

Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: Hi people   Posted Fri Oct 22, 04   8:36 PM     

according to honda a new civic si has a 2.0 liter engine and runs 19,440 dollars. If however you are talking about a used car, then yeah you could find an older one for much cheaper, but that would be the same issue with the srt-4 and the rsx. And if you can find an si newer than 03 for 9,000 dollars, then i think that says something about the quality of the car and it's ability to hold it's value. I think the whole thing is that you and I are discussing two different things, I'm talking new cars and you are talking used cars several years old. And dude what's with the jizz thing are you like thirteen or what, that's really immature.

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Hi people   Posted Fri Oct 22, 04   10:24 PM     

Im talking about the B Series Si, but it still produces the same HP, I think the torque is actually lower in the K20. The oldest model of SRT-4 you can find is only a year old, as well as the Type S.My bro bought a K20 Si for $7000, so keep making assumtions, and as far as the "jizz thing" goes, this isnt a website on manners and politeness, its about cars and giving valid information, so far you've only mastered politeness...

Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: Hi people   Posted Sat Oct 23, 04   11:13 AM     

don't say i don't give valid information, we were talking about different model year cars, that was why we were giving different information while we were in fact BOTH right, so obviously i have been giving valid information. oh and by the way, the type s was acutally available in 2002, so it's acutally two years old (I know because I considered buying it) and the si available at that time had the same 2.0 liter engine, so let's just drop it because we were talking about two different model years and the discussion is totally moot when you start comparing new and used cars because prices and engines tend to be quite different.

D15powerd
Re: Hi people   Posted Sat Oct 23, 04   3:08 PM     

I wouldn't pick any of them. The RSX, the new Si, OR the srt-4. There's something really gay about factory performance cars: the fact that you think you're hot shit in your new stock SRT-4 until you see you're friends' mom driving one too.
Get a GSR or save up and swap a K20A2 engine in a small civic, 12 seconds all motor with MINOR bolt ons....who knows, you just might give "the fastest GTP in north america" a run for it's money all motor without the blower

"Rolex+650k a year+his very own tv show + Real estate broker + race team mechanic + rental fleet of 90 = a neon that still doesnt run." -BlownGTP

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Hi people   Posted Sat Oct 23, 04   4:27 PM     

Seeign as how he never mentioned the TC in his post, your point is null and void.

Samir "Office Space"
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4