This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1754

DBLDREW
Good race story   Posted Mon Oct 11, 04   11:03 AM     

Well seeing as it’s a little dead around hear I figured I would post a little story that happened a few weeks ago. First I’ll give a little background on my car. It’s an 89 mustang that is pretty fast for a streetcar. It runs in the high 11s. But the thing about it is that it doesn’t look that fast. It basically looks like a stock mustang, the only difference is that it has a cowl induction hood and the rear tires are larger (bfg drag radials 275-50-15) other then that it looks stock in fact it still has the stock rims. Now it doesn’t sound stock, it defiantly is a lot louder and the idle is a little ruff due to the cam. So if anybody who knows anything about cars would look under the hood they would know immediately that it’s not stock but at first glance the car doesn’t look that fast.

Now I just recently started driving the car again (it was sitting for at least a year) so anyway I was working on the kitchen replacing trim and had to run out and get some more 1/4 round trim. My wife was out and had the explorer so rather then wait for her to get back I decided to just take the stang. So I run over to the local hardware store and pick up the trim as I’m loading it in through the hatch I see the nitrous bottle and wonder if there is any left in the tank and if it still works after sitting for so long. Well I did what any normal person would do and decided there is only one way to find out. So I open up the bottle and as I pulled out of the store I hammer it a little to see if it works, and it did. So as I’m slowing down for the next stoplight another mustang passes me and revs his motor as he passes me. Now this was a 2001 body style it was a gt it defiantly had some exhaust work done, it had some custom tail lights nice paint job, all in all a good looking car. So when we pull up to the light there was another car directly in front of me so I pull in behind him. So when the light turns green he pulls out in front and slows down so I could pull up next to him. So we were rolling in 2 nd gear and we both nod and we go I waited for him to go first and then, hammered it with the nos. I blew buy him so fast it was embarrassing, I mean it looked like he hit the brakes. So I slow down and he pulls up next to me with a look of shock on his face and gives me the thumbs up as he passes buy. Ahhh priceless

89 Mustang 11.86 @ 118mph
Sexi_punk_gurl

Re: Good race story   Posted Tue Oct 12, 04   11:10 AM     

kool story !
sounds like 2 cool lookin cars too !!

RiCEBRNR

Re: Good race story   Posted Sun Oct 17, 04   1:47 PM     

HAHAHA i like it, it sounds pretty chill. Good story hansel!

uglystick
Re: Good race story   Posted Tue Oct 19, 04   12:29 AM     

you run an fomoco f cam or something aftermarket/custom?

a friend of mine has an '88 that he's put a lot of work into. bet it's in the high 12's very low 13's with nothing but a motorsport short block, afr heads (a 1 point bump over stock cr), e cam, trickflow intake, big throttle; big maf; oversized injectors.

funniest part - he romps on it and hasn't broken the 4 banger t5 that the dipshit p.o. had put in it after breaking the stock t5.

jason
'85 jag xj-s w/ 383 stroker shooting for low 12's...will be shooting for low 11's with the new 434" small block i'm building though...4" stroke; 4.155" bore. Basically a de-bored 454 shoehorned into a 400 block.