This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 11542

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
SweetNeon

i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850feet   Posted Wed Sep 8, 04   10:30 AM     

a part of my case will be to prove how unaccurate
those radar guns are at far distances and 850 feet is fucking far. any one know where i can get info on these radar guns? im wondering if the manufactor state's the accuracy of these guns up to a certain distance? At that distance is it hard to determin who the radar is pointed at if there is another vehicle to the side of me? any one know any thing about these things?

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850feet   Posted Wed Sep 8, 04   3:32 PM     

My brother got a ticket for speeding from over 1000 feet away, and the court just totally ignores you, your hopeless.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
SweetNeon

Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850feet   Posted Wed Sep 8, 04   8:50 PM     

i have been found not guilty of recklass driveing, 4 speeding tickets, 2 red lights, you must be fucking hopeless. if the officer cant prove there case you have the benifit of the dought. if you think the court totally ignores people you oviously havnt gone to court before

buddhakwake
Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850feet   Posted Wed Sep 8, 04   10:39 PM     

any chance of using the speed zone survey laws, either no recent survey or survey shows that traffic moves faster than the limit. I think either one of those things will get a radar ticket thrown out, so it might be worth looking into.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850feet   Posted Wed Sep 8, 04   11:24 PM     

Your full of crap, how can you dismiss running a redlight, either you did run it or you diddnt run it.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
buddhakwake
Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850feet   Posted Wed Sep 8, 04   11:31 PM     

he could have gotten a ticket for running a red and then proven in court that he was in the intersection before the light turned red, then case dismissed.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
quik67firebird
Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850feet   Posted Thu Sep 9, 04   8:17 AM     

Neon, they have a very long range on the laser guns. 5' to 4000' with a beam spread of 3' @ 1000' , that means at 850' the beam was less then 3' wide. Your best bet is to go for speed surveys like Budd said. Also see if you can find out how often the guns need to be calibrated and see when the last time that that particular officers gun was calibrated.

http://www.stalkerradar.com/pdf/lidar_brochure.pdf

Here's a link to a common laser radar guns used by cops today.

Good Luck!

SweetNeon

Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850feet   Posted Thu Sep 9, 04   10:26 PM     

the 3' @ 1000 will help thanks. and about the info on the officers gun's, the sargent for pd sheriff is one fucking ass hole he wont give me any info at all, the only words i hear from him is you need a supenia for that info, i guess that is how some one becomes a higher rank officar from being the bigest ass hole.

Mobster
Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850feet   Posted Sun Sep 12, 04   7:23 PM     

You can get out of it pretty easily. First of all, the cop usually doesn't show up to court. Then, you can ask to see the radar gun readout. There are a lot of areas that can get the ticket thrown out. One of the big ones is that it had to be properly calibrated within a certain amount of time (can't remember how long though). I'll try to find more info.

LS4_454
Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850feet   Posted Mon Sep 13, 04   8:00 PM     

LOL Neon, you got out of 4 previous speeding tickets but now you cant figure out #5? Your such a DA.

Iwantasupra

Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850fee   Posted Thu Aug 31, 06   8:26 PM     

This is the oldest I could find with people who still come on this board, who still diss SweetNeon, doing just that, dissing SweetNeon. (Not sure why I am making SweetNeon look stupid today)

Anyone can shoot a bullet, but it take skill to drive one.
SweetNeon

Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850fee   Posted Thu Aug 31, 06   11:09 PM     

Hey there cock sucker you sure did find a cool thread. I have had alot of practice with traffic court for many years. I've had 36 tickets since I was 18 and still geting out of them. Any one want to learn how to get out of any traffic ticket?

Cicada
Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850fee   Posted Thu Aug 31, 06   11:12 PM     

so far ive done an extension then trial by written declaration. after that, they usually don't want to bother. :P

then again i've only had 2 tickets since 16.

SweetNeon

Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850fee   Posted Thu Aug 31, 06   11:15 PM     

you can do up to 2 extensions then pled not guilty and wave your right to a speedy trial and delay the case 6 months, so buy the time court comes around the officer usually doesnt show up and case dismissed

CamaroZ28

Re: i got a ticket, they got me on radar at 850feet   Posted Tue Oct 17, 06   10:56 PM     

Ur a dumb bitch for speeding and endangering peoples lives, u deserve the fine given to u...

Pages in this thread: (1) 2