This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1387

HighRisk
hi all   Posted Thu Aug 12, 04   6:38 AM     

hi all im new in here and im 14 years old and i realy realy love cars....but there are many things that i dont know about some stuff so if someone will want to teach me it will be cool...

talljosh85
Re: hi all   Posted Thu Aug 12, 04   8:02 PM     

Welcome, 14 is a good age to start learning. This forum has some technical info and the like, but there are better ones out there with more focus on the cars themselves and the modification thereof. Before asking a random question on this or any forum, try searching for it on the forum or google. There is a good chance that what you're curious about has been explained well in depth at some place by someone very knowledgable. I don't know if you're more interested in muscle cars or the sport compact scene, but there are several magazines out there I suggest studying. Among them are: Hot Rod, Car Craft, Sport Compact Car, Turbo and High Performance, Modified, Super Street and several others. Also, Car and Driver, Automobile, as well as Road and Track are good places to start reading. I bought my first Super Street when I was 15 and have been into sport compacts since then. Welcome to the world of cars and modifying em. Its my big hobby and I love it. Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
uglystick
Re: hi all   Posted Thu Aug 12, 04   10:09 PM     

My .02 cents here - you need to enroll immediately in an auto-shop class at the local high school. If there is not one available, you should search out R.O.P. classes at other schools. This is the easiest way to form a good basic understanding of automobiles. Then do step number two - that talljosh told you - between these two modes of learning you'll become very well rounded.

Wish I had taken auto shop!! Oh, grassroots motorsports is a good magazine too, my favorite.

http://www.grassrootsmotorsports.com

Jason