This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 22135

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)  
FastFiveO
Re: I H8 FORD MUSTANGS   Posted Fri Dec 10, 04   10:44 PM     

yo let me start off by saying any car can be tuned to the point to go fast if you got a little or a whole lot of cash 2ndly mustang does it look like a import to you what stupid ass says mustang a domestic car can pave the way for imports and dont you think the new mustang looks sort of ugly ,05 mustang or the 99 rx-7 i think the chicks would rather have a rx-7 to me. in any case i dont hate mutsang they have there place in history. isnt hoarse power only one step of the process like accelaration wieght handling wheel size and whether the car has tubo lag stuff like that i dont think we should rule out but not to say i know every thing about cars cause i dont and yeah suped up skyine vs a suped up mustang cash goes to the skyine. and yeah you got me i dont like any other american car but the vette

lemme congradulate you on being a noob. A if you knew anything about mustangs and the muscle gen instead of looking at cars outa state. you will see 05's are sweet looking built for go and built to handel and yes they do look like the older style stangs.. no mustang resimbles a ricer unless some one puts a ugly ass body kit on it then they get the grade A ricer awards. not only that the fastest import out there in drag runs slower then a suped up street car. muscle cars can run 6's and still be street legal. imports you haf to change so much to em that they will haf to run top fuel to get any decent times. plus muscle cars get a better bang for the buck. yes i give sky's props on being awd and look good most the time but i still put my chips on a suped up american muscle car.

86 mustang GT, 68 galaxie 500 ragtop, 73 charger
MuscleCarGuy
Re: I H8 FORD MUSTANGS   Posted Fri Dec 10, 04   10:51 PM     

DAMN SKIPPY FIVE-O. AMERICAN MUSCLE WILL PREVAIL!

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: I H8 FORD MUSTANGS   Posted Sat Dec 11, 04   9:18 AM     

Actually, I think the civic dragsters run into the 7's now....

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
FastFiveO
Re: I H8 FORD MUSTANGS   Posted Sat Dec 11, 04   9:43 AM     

posibly. but the fastest import run was in the 6's and that was a nissan drag truck from venom. i mean, come on....

buddhakwake
Re: I H8 FORD MUSTANGS   Posted Sat Dec 11, 04   10:00 AM     

Yes you're right about Muscle Cars being faster in the quarter with less work, that's what happens when you start with larger engines, but as much as I love a good quarter mile (whether I win or not it's always fun to me just to run) I love the better handling I get out of the generally lighter imports (not to say that all Muscle Cars have bad handling because it's not true), and I love a good run on twisties or a good road racing track even more. But I'd still love to have a classic 'Vette or 'Stang or Charger with an engine that sets off car alarms and will melt a set of 90,000 mile tires in one run from the tree. For now however I'm sticking to my toyotas until I've got a better equipped garage and more time to spend there (hey a poor teacher can dream right?).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: I H8 FORD MUSTANGS   Posted Sat Dec 11, 04   10:15 AM     

sorry to ruin your parade but theres as many or more good handeling domestics as imports. the mustang gt the svt focus the saleens and roush's vettes ect ect. it doesnt matter import or domestic it can be tuned to handel. and domestics do do alot of coarse races ya know. and yeah i like drifting and it takes skill to be able to control the car its got no live tallent id rather drift then sit around watching someone. id rather take a car put a syspension on it got track race street race drag race and street coarse race.

buddhakwake
Re: I H8 FORD MUSTANGS   Posted Sat Dec 11, 04   11:50 AM     

I agree that there are a lot of domestics that handle well, but they generally are (three of your four examples) either more expensive or tuned cars. the nice thing about imports is they tend (not always the case sure but usually) to be lighter, which in my opinion makes them more fun to drive on twisties and road courses. Not to mention that you don't need the power steering with a lighter car that you need with a heavier car, which saves even more weight. even though it's not that fast, the most fun I hvae had in a car on curves was with my mr2 because it is so light and that mid engine balances so well (although I have to admit that my uncles 30th anniversary 'Vette in silver and dark forest green was a very, very close second because he had to lay on the brakes more for the small oregon back roads than I would have to take the same corner in my mr2, but probably on a larger track or if he had let me drive it that 'Vette would have been more fun). so really it's a matter of preference then isn't it, some people prefer imports some prefer domestics, but I prefer whatever fun I can easily get my hands on (hint to anyone with a decent, running, pre-1975, fixer muscle car at $1000 bucks or less).

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
FastFiveO
Re: I H8 FORD MUSTANGS   Posted Sat Dec 11, 04   10:28 PM     

yes it mostly is all in preferance. but most imports are econo boxes yes mr2's are quick with the bigest turbo you can put on it. but it doesnt mean it cant be romped easily. and yes there is a weight difference dew to heavier syspensions bigger gasstanks and bigger motors but thats easily fixed with the weight ordeal but i stil put my chips on the table for domestics being as they have mopre hp and tq , irreguardless of weight, power, and speed domestic still have the upper hand and not only that domestic dealers have a hand in alot of big imoprt companys that are higher grades and are outa country and kick ass there too.

shelby_gt500
Re: I H8 FORD MUSTANGS   Posted Tue Dec 14, 04   9:22 AM     

no he don,t he livs rignt next to me and plays with remotcontrolls

FastFiveO
Re: I H8 FORD MUSTANGS   Posted Tue Dec 14, 04   11:32 AM     

Who are you refering to?

ShotgunStang429

Re: I H8 FORD MUSTANGS   Posted Fri Dec 31, 04   8:41 PM     

hahahaha i want to thank everyone who posted since my last one in this thread... this was the most entertaining forum i have read in a long time. obviously, im "all in" with domestics, foreigns tend to forget about torque( c'mon, an S2000 has a respectable 240 horses from an inline 4 , but has only 162 ft-lbs? what is that. i'll just leave the MR2 out of this one ; ) ). they must not remember that (i hate to be completely redundant, but) torque is more important than hp. also, why do most people assume that imports automatically handle better than dome's? a '66 cobra bested 1.0 in lateral accelly. how d'ya like them apples.

Neil, I wanna party with you!!!!!!
buddhakwake
Re: I H8 FORD MUSTANGS   Posted Sat Jan 1, 05   10:34 AM     

Not to say that it's true, but the reason that most people (myself included sometimes) think that imports (meaning japanese in this case, as the german and italian imports almost never ignore torque in favor of hp and they have cars that can top 1g on a skidpad, like the Lotus Elise which pulls a 1.06g) are better handling is because they are generally lighter, which allows for easier tossing through corners. But yeah, I wish that the imports had better torque overall in their engines (that's one of the reasons why I picked my Scion tC over a Civic Si, 163 for the tC versus 132 for the Si) because low end torque is what gets you the best launches and the best burnouts. Wow, I've made this post way too long, so I'll end it by saying let the import vs. domestic wars continue, because that's how we get better cars overall on both sides right?

SpyderEclipseKid

Re: I H8 FORD MUSTANGS   Posted Fri Jan 14, 05   4:28 PM     

dude you are so wrong about him being a retard!!! He's just demented because he cant find the caps lock key.

How many licks on a tootsie pop to get me ****ed off that the **** thing is hard as a rock? 2,284
Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3)