This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 5290

89grandprix
Hey guys whats up?   Posted Tue Jul 13, 04   8:13 PM     

Hey all, my name is nick and i am a local street racer, only i race in saginaw, michigan, i was playin one of your games and thought it entertaining, so i joined the site, how is the street scene out there? the scene here aint bad but saginaw is a smaller city.......kinda by the thumb of michigan......ima go check more of this place out, thanks. bye

Grand Prix, I live in Saginaw Michigan, The street scene here is crazy, probably not as good as yours though, check it out.....2kc.org.
TheRealMyles

Re: Hey guys whats up?   Posted Wed Jul 14, 04   6:27 PM     

Welcome,

I use to race out in So Cal years ago. Helped out were we could to get ?Drag City" Going out in Banning California. I live down near Flint now have been here for a few years now. Hopefully hook up with you sometime. Welcome and take care....trm

Peace,

Myles

89grandprix
Re: Hey guys whats up?   Posted Wed Jul 14, 04   8:44 PM     

so you live in Michigan too, Have you ever heard of the street club 2kc, they're kinda new but only by a year or two.........but yeah....i wish i lived in like So Cal, what kind of cars are out there? or what is the best lookin street car anyone has seen? The best 2 here are a Blown 1995 mustang 347 supercharged, black widow body, straight pipe all the way, he has everything chromed under the hood and under the car, chameleon paint in and out, he has 680hp to the rear wheels, and the second one is a 2003 Corvette Z06, he has alot of mods from the vette shop in Texas......they are both badass, aight peace

Grand Prix, High 15's mild mods, AEM cold air intake, No cat converter, fart can, wing soon, I live in Saginaw Michigan, check it out.....2kc.org.
VW_Nut
Re: Hey guys whats up?   Posted Thu Jul 15, 04   1:19 PM     

Myles, didn't you hear?
The city council voted last week to end any support for the dragstrip because of the lack of funding. Due to no "real" investors the track has only managed to build a new street (entrance road)in Banning and everything has fallen through. They were supposed to have a opening date here in September, which I think is the 3rd or 4th opening day planned, but due to no money the city is done with all the "delays" and they are pulling the plug on their support. The web site will be gone within the next few weeks and Andy and Ron will be trying to build this in some other state.

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
SweetNeon

Re: Hey guys whats up?   Posted Thu Jul 15, 04   7:22 PM     

just another good scam

D15powerd
Re: Hey guys whats up?   Posted Sat Jul 17, 04   12:27 AM     

Ughhh, moved from East Lansing not too long ago. Michigan cops are gay, just fucking gay. Leave that state now! Talk about lame, i think me and about 20 buds of mine were the only import racers in town lol! It was fun to beat on camaros and kids who thought they were too fast too furious in their '89 Cavaliers.....

To my dismay, organized streetracing is dead her in SoCal in my opinion. There's too much of a police crack down on it, and there wasn't any local police choppers in michigan either. The fines are too much and too harsh now. Thank you "Fast and the Furious"! A few dumb kids hit a bus full of nuns and there's no more fun anywhere. It seems like most people now just hope to catch a redlight race with no cops nearby (or biker cops hiding in the bushes!) or they go legit and take it to the track or they just give up and make a show car.
Best car I've seen here in the valley? That's way too hard to say. We've got Ferrari's rolling around all the time down here. I've seen a few JDM integra type R's that made me drool, a friend of a friend owns a right-hand drive 93 prelude down here. It's way too hard to say, cuz nothing is unusual down here. A K-series powered hatchback wouldn't suprise me anymore. You just have to know that it's not michigan, people dont just have an intake and exhaust.....if you don't have a swap or a serious build, you're not that special AT ALL. You're just another ricer at that point.....

"11-second honda fanboy" and damn proud of it, cuz somethings are just better when ran inline and faster than 13.09.....
TheRealMyles

Re: Hey guys whats up?   Posted Sat Jul 17, 04   9:26 AM     

WOW this is the first I have heard. I have not spoken with Andy or Ron in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the update....trm

TheRealMyles

Re: Hey guys whats up?   Posted Sat Jul 17, 04   9:37 AM     

Hope you are enjoying So Cal. I Love it back here would not trade it for nothing. I lived in So CAl most of my life. Got a house over twice the size as in So cal for half the price with property. Love have 4 real seasons. I have not had a problem finding someone street racing in any city I have visited. The problem is trying to find someone that would race most of the time. No helicopter is a big plus for me since in Anacrime it was up 24/7. When ever I hear someone say "NOS" as a word my hearst skips. N.O.S. is the name of a company. Which I have Used since the '80. Most of you have not been a live as long I had "Street Raced" Always welcome Places to race. I do love having an idea of being able to have time off to work on the cars (winter) not trying to thrash to get the car out to race that night or the next. All nights are not fun when you get to my age LOL. I do like being able to an 1hr one way , 2 hrs that way, or this way and going to a Drag strip thou. Instead of racing with adb limit. OH me Oh my. Good Luck.....:)trm

TheRealMyles

Re: Hey guys whats up?   Posted Sat Jul 17, 04   9:57 AM     

That flat out sucks if that is the case....trm

TheRealMyles

Re: Hey guys whats up?   Posted Sun Aug 8, 04   11:44 PM     

I have not heard of the car club but, I have not been out racing in Michigan since we have been back here. Once we get the project rolling will have to try and hook up. You are less then and hour north of me. Take care....trm

Peace,

Myles

TheRealMyles

DragCity   Posted Sun Aug 8, 04   11:56 PM     

Just thought I would pass it along.

Here is link http://members2.boardhost.com/DragCity/msg/12125.html

And the info on the latest meeting is on the home page.....trm

Peace,

Myles

importracer06
Re: Hey guys whats up?   Posted Thu Sep 30, 04   1:16 PM     

im a street racer out here in texas that needs to find more people to race with and every time i pull upto a light no one is really goin to take my challenge so any racers from texas around the mansfeild,venus,alvarado,midalothain you should see me on 287 in a 86 nissan pickup lookin to race so if you see me rvin my motor at alight let me know if you want to race!!!!! peace to all

smokey
Re:help me please   Posted Wed Oct 20, 04   5:21 AM     

i want to create my own car but wen i go to t oit the screen stays blank can u please help me and tell me wot to do
please reply