This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1675

NOSINJECTION
great car   Posted Fri Jun 25, 04   12:42 PM     

hi

whats one of the best cars for streetracing

talljosh85
Re: great car   Posted Sat Jun 26, 04   1:58 PM     

Well, thats a really open ended question. How much money do you want to spend? Do you prefer something from the US, Japan, Germany, or what? Do you just want straight line performance or something well balanced, that could be autocrossed. What do you know about cars? Some motors are much more complex and difficult to work on then others. What experience do you have driving performance cars? How long have you been driving? I don't mean to discriminate, but a lot of young and inexperienced people get behind the wheel of 400hp cars and kill themselves immeadiately; this can also be done with ~150hp in a stock V6 Mustang, though its not quite as easy. What weather will you be driving in? Is theft a problem? Do you need reliability or can you live without your car for a week or more? Will hauling people or stuff come into play? What about gas mileage/price? Insurance and registration? Maintainence can be very expensive, from frequent oil changes to new tires to the repair bills for stuff you break. Well, I hope this helps some, you really need to answer these question and figure out what you can afford, what you can drive, and what you need from a car before I would start asking which cars are best. Good luck, and let us know what you are working with. Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
NOSINJECTION
Re: great car   Posted Tue Jun 29, 04   6:54 AM     

thanks for the advice i really thought about that and i have decided to get a toyota corolla 16v twin cam.just to muck around with until i get enough money for a more expensive faster car.

thanks

talljosh85
Re: great car   Posted Wed Jun 30, 04   12:37 AM     

great choice, toyota's are well built and reliable, you should get pretty good gas mileage and should live long enough to learn more about what you want to do and what you want from a car. Good luck with it, let us know how it turns out. Josh

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!