This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 10927

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
talljosh85
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Sat Jun 26, 04   1:48 PM     

I can't speak for anyone else, but the front end of the manx buggy gets awful light right about 70mph, but, then again, I can pretty much pick it up, expecially if there is not gas in the tank.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
LS4_454
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Mon Jun 28, 04   11:08 PM     

Oooh, a wheel fell off, good reason to hate VW's. maybe it was your DA friend that didn't tighten it down or thief that tried to steal it? That goes right along with all rotories catching on fire.
I'll keep you posted on the VW so you can have your ass handed to you.

LS4_454
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Mon Jun 28, 04   11:10 PM     

"Why would a VW pass me?"

Because your car is so slow.

LS4_454
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Mon Jun 28, 04   11:12 PM     

Manx? Real or copy? I had a Manx Type (Cobra by Fiberjet) myself with just a stocker, enjoyed offroading in it up in Big Bear.

D15powerd
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Tue Jun 29, 04   12:36 AM     

welds broke and the whole hub assembly came off. And anyone who would attempt to steal the stock steelies off of a VW is a dumbass as well. I'm not saying ALL vw's are bad (R32 240hp!), but the quality is inconsistent. I just don't trust anything that came with 32 stock hp to hold up during a race, my own personal bias. It's hard to imagine driving my CX civic when it had the stock 70hp, but then cut that in half....that's slow. And rotaries were never meant to handle crazy hp numbers, it's an engineering defect (apex seals), so a rotary catching fire isn't that hard to believe. The seals aren't stationary like piston rings, they need to flex; and things that flex have limits. Sorry to rain on your parade there....

Edited by D15powerd (Tue Jun 29, 04   12:46 AM)

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Tue Jun 29, 04   12:56 AM     

You must be crazy, VW's will kick the shit out of most cars on the street today, and even though i dont liek them as much as many other people do, I still respect them. Just because your friend had a fucking beat ass one doesnt mean they all fall apart, if you take care of it then it wont break. LS isnt talking about a new beetle or a jetta or somethin, hes talkin bout the old ones. Any interest in a Ghia LS4?

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"

Edited by Rx_otary_Se7en (Tue Jun 29, 04   12:59 AM)

BlownGTP

Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Tue Jun 29, 04   8:38 AM     

Have you looked in the video area? Tell me that VW is slow after you check it out. Im not saying your car is slow but it seems like every day your times get lower and lower. That seems to be unbelivable to me. That VW would probably hand both of us our asses on a silver platter. Don't under estimate the VW's

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
VW_Nut
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Tue Jun 29, 04   1:32 PM     

Well put Blown, mine isn't there yet, but I'm stocking up on some parts right now.

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
talljosh85
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Wed Jun 30, 04   12:25 AM     

its a copy, but a good one, the body flows really nice. So far we have: rebuilt brakes, new rebuild motor, short shifter, chrome roll bar, new seats, some gauges, wiring, vintage british side mirrors, American mags (off a '64 vette with tires from a 365gtb/4 Daytona), and a little electrical work. Try one of these links to see the car, its not a great pic but its what has been put on the site so far. http://home1.gte.net/res0m4lr/cars_files/image007.jpg or: http://home1.gte.net/res0m4lr/cars.htm . I'm not sure who built this one, so we just call it the manx or manix or dune buggy. Its a wonderful car, so much fun to drive (and the ladies love it). When I lived in Lake Arrowhead we took it on the trails a few times, it did great, probably better then a lot of the new so called SUVs.

talljosh85
Re: Is a Honda Prelude a good street racing car?   Posted Wed Jun 30, 04   12:33 AM     

Dissing the rotaries, thats just low. Stock to stock, the 13brew makes more hp and torque then any of the honda 4 bangers (unless there is some turbo diesel out there which I've never heard of). And FD RX-7s are easier to make quick, rwd, set up for boosting, light weight, you know about em. Nothing against hondas, but the apex seal wasn't a defect, its part of the design of the motor. Its like me saying fwd is a design flaw in the civic, it isn't of course, as an economy car it is a great design, but not superior to rwd for a sports car. Rotaries catch fire because they are poorly maintained and need better cooling. They run very hot as is (especially when turbocharged) , so when making more power, cooling becomes an important issue to adress. Normally aspirated 13b's and 12a's run for a long time, there generally isn't anything to blow out the apex seal. Atkins rotary just came out with some so called "unbreakable" apex seals that are pretty fucking cool and very strong. Sorry for the rant, but I gotta show love for my 13brew.

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)