This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1890

Aspect
ur point of view   Posted Thu May 27, 04   11:07 PM     

yeh well i am not a brain when it come to cars, but i have liked supra`s for a long time, but some people have been telling me that they are to heavy and there for will not take off. What sort of cars u boys like???

SuperKid
Re: ur point of view   Posted Fri May 28, 04   1:53 PM     

Supras are heavy (around 3600lbs.) but they'll take off pretty fast, even stock. I like pretty much any Import. The only domestics I like are the 60's Mustangs, most SUV's, and some Lincolns (the LS mainly).

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
http://www.gang-wars.com/index.html?load=1055341
LS4_454
Re: ur point of view   Posted Sun May 30, 04   4:41 PM     

VW bug, air cooled. Will be handing handing out ass whoopings in the coming months.

talljosh85
Re: ur point of view   Posted Tue Jun 1, 04   6:13 PM     

A lot of people complain about how much Supras weigh, call them pigs and just go off, because, in truth, the weight is the closest thing to a problem with them. They still handle great, the motor is near bulletproof, the interior is comfortable, they make tons of horsepower very easily, they're nice to work on, reliable, well built and great looking. Having driven a BPU+ Supra and a BPU FD3S RX-7 extensively, I feel comfortable in saying that the 800lb difference isn't so bad. Plus the Supra doesn't break, my FD needs a motor rebuild, trailing arms, toe links, and probably some minor stuff I don't remember right now. As far as acceleration, horsepower and torque can more then make up for a few hundred pounds. Plus, if you're really concerned about the mass of them, you can do extensive weight reduction and live without the luxery. Oh, for what its worth, I'm talking about MKIV Supras (1993.5+) not MKIIIs, although the 7MGTE can make lots of power as well. Hope it helps.

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
jonorme
Re: ur point of view   Posted Wed Jun 2, 04   8:26 AM     

It shouldnt be that bigger problem, like ^he^ sed, you could jus do some mass weight reduction and throw out practically everything that isnt neccessary.

- Jon