This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 4595

My Car   Posted Mon Apr 26, 04   3:58 PM     

I have a choice of a Nissan Sentra or a Cadilac Sevil, What should I get??

SuperKid
Re: My Car   Posted Tue Apr 27, 04   4:58 AM     

What year is the Sentra?

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
http://www.gang-wars.com/index.html?load=1055341
talljosh85
Re: My Car   Posted Wed Apr 28, 04   12:35 AM     

Umm, what do you seek in a car? Reliability, performance, economy, space, what year/trim levels are the cars? (I don't know about the Caddy, but trim level does matter on a Sentra).

the doctors say I have ADD, but the just don't understand, hey look! a chicken!
Re: My Car   Posted Wed Apr 28, 04   7:53 PM     

the Sentra in a 94 and the Sevil is a 90

talljosh85
Re: My Car   Posted Thu Apr 29, 04   12:36 AM     

Allright, now what do you need the car for, which is in better shape, is gas $ going to be an issue? How much will you drive, do you need to commute or what? Really these factors should determine which you pick, since neither is really a super pimp mobile (well, maybe the caddy was at some point in time).

Re: My Car   Posted Fri Apr 30, 04   9:29 AM     

preformance, yea! and gas will not be an issue. i guess some raceing wouldnt do me wrong

SuperKid
Re: My Car   Posted Fri Apr 30, 04   4:57 PM     

I belive that year of sentra has the FWD SR20DE engine. If it does, I'd go with the Cadillac. The SR20DE is very internally weak. Also, it's FWD. Go with the cadillac, defintely.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
http://www.gang-wars.com/index.html?load=1055341
talljosh85
Re: My Car   Posted Fri Apr 30, 04   8:42 PM     

Allright, the Sentra has more potential then the caddy, but its probably never going to be a super car, sorry. Some people do swap in the SR20DET with tranny and ecu out of the J Spec Bluebird (I think) that makes like 200hp and more or less bolts right up. Also, the sentra SE-R (if I recall correctly) has the n/a version of the SR20DE, and makes less hp but is still a decent motor. Some people do race the Sentra in rally and autocross, and they car be drag raced (but then again, so can a school bus). So, go with the sentra if you want some performance, if you want real performance, take it, work hard, save your money and then buy a real sports car. Good luck, Josh

Re: My Car   Posted Sun May 2, 04   8:20 PM     

hey, thanx alot guess i have to do sum summer work so that i can buy me a good car.(huh... i wonder how much the new audi is)

Edited by 88377 (Sun May 2, 04   8:21 PM)

talljosh85
Re: My Car   Posted Tue May 4, 04   1:25 AM     

Glad to help, good luck with whatever you end up getting. I just suggest lookinig around and staying open to all the different stuff thats out there. I'm more into Imports, but there are a lot of awesome domestic cars around, from pretty much all eras. New Audis, I sure hope you make a lot more $ then I do....

And14
Re: My Car   Posted Mon May 17, 04   1:32 PM     

I suggest the ford pinto its the best car on the market.